Hp 7550 Plotter on windows 7 and later

naringal

Has anybody being able to find a driver or run this plotter on later versions of Windows.  I have found one for Windows xp but not later versions.

I have been able to run it on  Dos machines but not windows.  Any thoughts???

This question doesn't have anything to do with Autocad so I have moved it to the Hardware & Operating Systems section.

The HP 7550 is a very old plotter, from the 1980's, so I doubt you will find a driver for it to work on newer OS's. My only suggestion would be to set up a computer with XP, or older OS, and use that for plotting. Or just buy a new printer. They're pretty cheap these days.

Bigal it's what they call quality. I picked one up about 10 years ago, and every so often I check for drivers as well (no luck). But I can still fire it up and plot a test page, all pens fine.

• Like 1

If you look at a HPGL file its not that complicated PU PD etc theoretically you could write your own plotter file, if your dwg was just lines, arc circle etc then it could be done. But it would cost like more than $200 maybe to do.

22 hours ago, steven-g said:

Bigal it's what they call quality. I picked one up about 10 years ago, and every so often I check for drivers as well (no luck). But I can still fire it up and plot a test page, all pens fine.

I believe that a driver for a Roland dxy 890 will work for Hp, but only up o windows Xp

Do you think that the drivers for an HP 800 series would work? We used to have one but I still have the drivers for it on the server.

11 hours ago, f700es said:

Do you think that the drivers for an HP 800 series would work? We used to have one but I still have the drivers for it on the server.

I think not as the problem is not the machine, but windows 7.  Thanks for the thought.