Bitonal appears with transparent backgraound

therock005

I got a folder with topo maps in bitonal tiff format, and when i insert them into AutoCAD their color reverses to match autocads color environment. I just want them inserted as they are. I've toggled bg transparency in image to either on and off and i see no change. I then tried saving to bmp, and from bmp saving back to tiff, both of those apperead as previously.

What do i do so that Autocad does not mess with these images and inserts them untouched

Hopw do i convert bitonal to 8bit. I've been googling all day and eveeerybody seems to be searching the opposite. TRied several programs but cannot do this directly. Best ive come uip with is save as png from photoshop and then edit with paint and save png to jpg. With all tyhese steps theres lots of loss due to the conversions

It may help if you posted one of these images, and also gave some information on your Autocad screen color and layer color settings. So someone could see if they can repeat the issue and maybe offer a way to resolve it.

I have used bitonal tiff images, and inserted them into the drawing as raster images. With the transparency turned on, the remaining black pixels took on the colour of the layer into which it was inserted.

It probably helps that I use AutoCAD in a WYSIWYG format, i.e. with a pale background. I have no experience with raster images inserted into a dark background.