publish to pdf issue

masterfal

Hi All,

I have this issue thats driving me crazy where i can't get my a3 sheet to publish to pdf correctly. In my plot preview it looks fine, when i send straight to printer it prints fine but when i publish to pdf its coming out on A3 but reducing the size of my drawing. I just can't work it out. Doesn't matter which plotter i choose i get the same results (tried using dwg to pdf as well as a couple of other printers we have set up)

If i use dwg to pdf and plot an individual sheet i can get the pdf looking how it should but we have quite alot of sheets so don't want to be doing each sheet 1 by 1. Need to get publish working as it should so can do all in 1 go.

Attached is example of how it should look (sample1) and the reduced titleblock i'm getting when i publish to pdf (sample2)

sample2.pdf sample1.pdf

12 hours ago, masterfal said:

Hi All,

I have this issue thats driving me crazy where i can't get my a3 sheet to publish to pdf correctly. In my plot preview it looks fine, when i send straight to printer it prints fine but when i publish to pdf its coming out on A3 but reducing the size of my drawing. I just can't work it out. Doesn't matter which plotter i choose i get the same results (tried using dwg to pdf as well as a couple of other printers we have set up)

If i use dwg to pdf and plot an individual sheet i can get the pdf looking how it should but we have quite alot of sheets so don't want to be doing each sheet 1 by 1. Need to get publish working as it should so can do all in 1 go.

Attached is example of how it should look (sample1) and the reduced titleblock i'm getting when i publish to pdf (sample2)

sample2.pdf 4.79 kB · 0 downloads sample1.pdf 4.55 kB · 0 downloads

Attach your pictures to the print settings window.
And attach your dwg file for verification.

so i've worked out a way to do it but its not a method i want to stick with..

when i publish, if i have a sheet with a dud print setup as my first sheet(PUBLISH SETUP1.jpg), all the following sheets with correct print setup come out correctly (EXAMPLE DRAWING1.pdf). i then need to remove the first sheet from my pdf

if i don't include the sheet with dud print setup (PUBLISH SETUP2.jpg), all the sheets come out incorrectly(EXAMPLE DRAWING2.pdf)

i have attached the dwg i've used (EXAMPLE DRAWING.dwg) as well as picture of proper print setup (PRINT SETUP-proper.jpg) and picture of the dud setup (PRINT SETUP-sheetx.jpg)

hope that all makes sense..

PUBLISH SETUP1.jpg

PUBLISH SETUP2.jpg

PRINT SETUP-proper.jpg

PRINT SETUP-sheetx.jpg

EXAMPLE DRAWING1.pdf EXAMPLE DRAWING2.pdf EXAMPLE DRAWING.dwg

I know every one raves about publish but when it goes wrong its hard to get it right, this was a problem I had hence went down the lisp path. Trying to print a manual and pages would just not come out right.

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

I know every one raves about publish but when it goes wrong its hard to get it right, this was a problem I had hence went down the lisp path. Trying to print a manual and pages would just not come out right.

i've wasted sooooooo much time trying to get it working.. frustrates to no end when doesn't work as it should

Having saved named page set-ups is the way to get consistent publish results. Using <Default: None>  tells you nothing about what the current page set-up is. You can either have the named page set-ups in your files or they can be easily imported and applied to the drawing list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maratovich said:

Make a batch print immediately from the Model. 

Having layouts in model space is not something I would recommend. It's going technologically backwards.

18 hours ago, RobDraw said:

Having saved named page set-ups is the way to get consistent publish results. Using <Default: None>  tells you nothing about what the current page set-up is. You can either have the named page set-ups in your files or they can be easily imported and applied to the drawing list.

I agree with named page setups all the way. Do it right once and it will work forever etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RobDraw said:

Having layouts in model space is not something I would recommend. It's going technologically backwards.

do everything in paperspace? i don't like not being able to see all my other sheets at once. changing layout sheets constantly would be a pain

i do everything in modelspace. just use paperspace to print my sheets out quickly. seen other peoples drawings where some linework in paperspace and some in model and just seems unnecessary.

Edited by masterfal

1 hour ago, Organic said:

I agree with named page setups all the way. Do it right once and it will work forever etc.

i usually just get print setup right on 1 of my layouts and then i got a handy lisp that copies that exact setup to every other sheet instantly. doesn't take long at all really

might have a little look into named page setups. after you set one up it only stays in that drawing though yeh? doesn't automatically show up for use in other drawings unless its imported? not at work at moment so can't test it out

11 minutes ago, masterfal said:

do everything in paperspace? i don't like not being able to see all my other sheets at once. changing layout sheets constantly would be a pain

i do everything in modelspace. just use paperspace to print my sheets out quickly. seen other peoples drawings where some linework in paperspace and some in model and just seems unnecessary.

That's the way it used to be done before AutoCAD had paper space. It's an antiquated workflow that does not work with newer project management features. Your way is okay for some people. For those of us that have moved on from the last century, it does not work.

3 minutes ago, RobDraw said:

That's the way it used to be done before AutoCAD had paper space. It's an antiquated workflow that does not work with newer project management features. Your way is okay for some people. For those of us that have moved on from the last century, it does not work.

features such as?

1 hour ago, maratovich said:

masterfal

Did you watch the video?

yes i did

i was gonna reply to you tomorrow once back at work

i'd actually downloaded/installed revers a month or 2 ago as it seemed like something i'd find extremely useful but i gave up with it because when i went to use it it was in different language and couldn't work out how to change it to english. not sure if i still have installed or not. was gonna see if i still have installed and then get back to you and see if can get it working properly

27 minutes ago, maratovich said:

This is English version - Revers

pretty sure thats where i got it from..

just tried installing here. still getting non english

1085286446_ScreenShot2019-06-27at11_03_50pm.png.635685bc5f62a85720752f299b2a8481.png

338870499_ScreenShot2019-06-27at11_03_30pm.png.cc98557298125f6f885b55493c13e686.png

513434634_ScreenShot2019-06-27at11_05_49pm.png.15bae89e99579f2f8aa9b6f6f384a638.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.03.30 pm.png

Did you watch the video?
This module is not translated - you do not need it.
This is for the automatic creation of the title block.
You need a module to print.

You need to run the blue label of the Revers program.
The label is called Revers

so strange. its working now

surely i tried both icons before.. maybe not

oh well i'll try it out tomorrow. hopefully it works. do you know if there are any extra functions or anything on full version compared to trial?

really appreciate your help. i'll let you know how i go