Upgrading Inventor 2016 ---> 2020

linnmaster

Hi once again.

It has been a while since I have been here.

Wondering if I can get some feedback regarding upgrading Inventor and Vault.

We have 3 licenses of Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate.

We are on a yearly subscription.

We are currently run 2016, and mainly Inventor along with Vault Basic and also Autocad Mechanical.  All the other programs and packages I really don't use.

I want to update to 2020 with SP1 which I have been told is the latest stable version.

Is it true I must do this upgrade in two stages, ie 2016 ---> 2018, and then from 2018 ---> 2020.  I can't just from 2016 ---> 2020?  Obviously I use Vault Basic a lot and this must be upgraded along with the rest of the software.

As we are on yearly subscription, does it entitle me to the latest version of saftware, ie 2020?

I don't usually do the upgrade myself due to not familiar with networking between inventor and Vault, and the database, migration etc etc, and we engage our Autodesk partner to do the upgrade for us, but their price to do upgrade seems very very steep.

Thanks for your advice and comments in advance.

Regards,

David Lin