Dynamic Block Troubles

All,

It has been a while since I have created a Dynamic Block.  It functions exactly how I want it to when it comes to the parameters.  Only issues I am having are as follows.

1.  When I Insert it into a DWG it needs to be exploded upon loading to work.  (I don't recall ever having this issue in the past but its been a good 2 years so....)

2.  The Sheet Number and Section Number text that I have created with it DOES NOT show up and I am having trouble figuring out why there is no issue when I "Test the Block" but there is a problem when I Insert it into a DWG.

Any help/suggestion/advice would be greatly appreciated.

BRDG SECTION CUT.dwg

Edited by addesigns

You have 2 attributes in the block, both with the same tag name "#", whilst "#" is probably allowed it is more usual to use more logical names, but having 2 tags the same is a definate no-no, strangely enough Autocad will allow you to do it without giving an error message, but it will not work with 2 attributes having the same name. I would also suggest using a more logical label for the attribute value, again "#" as this is more normally associated with error messages.

As for having to explode the block when you insert it, are you possibly inserting a dwg file rather than the block itself? how are you inserting?

So, I created the linework in a new DWG (all except the text attribute)  then used the command wb to create the block.  Block editor opened up and I added the parameters and actions.  Once it was working how I wanted it to (parameters) I saved it as a dwg.  I believe that is the correct process since a block is just a stand alone DWG ro am I mistaken?  I will take a new look at the text/label attribute for sure.

I believe that is the correct process since a block is just a stand alone DWG ro am I mistaken?

Not quite a block is a block, its defination is held in a dwg and within that dwg it can be inserted by using the block name. You can save that dwg to a library where you keep all your blocks but a dwg can also contain multiple different blocks. So if you want to insert a block from a saved dwg into a new drawing you are using then you should use the design centre to navigate to where the saved file is and from there look for the block you want. But you don't insert the whole dwg, even if you only save one block in each drawing it is still the block you need to insert and not the dwg. UNLESS you use the "save block as" option from inside the block editor and tick the box to save block definition to drawing file, which is another method of working altogether. The wblock command is something completely different, and doesn't really have anything to do with blocks