Oleson Village Project PF 2017 ( June 2019)

m0ch4005

Hi, I have been working on the oleson village project for hours. I have read every thread here trying to figure out what a I am doing wrong.  Any help is greatly appreciated :)

I am having trouble starting the lines. I type LINE, click on bottom left corner, second point I enter 1421334.93,783207.62. No line appears. Could it b I have something on/off?

Only snap is on. I have tried turning things on and off. F8 off. Tried ZOOM ALL.  I cant get the lines to appear 😕

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2019 at 5:05 AM, m0ch4005 said:

Hi, I have been working on the oleson village project for hours. I have read every thread here trying to figure out what a I am doing wrong.  Any help is greatly appreciated :)

I am having trouble starting the lines. I type LINE, click on bottom left corner, second point I enter 1421334.93,783207.62. No line appears. Could it b I have something on/off?

Only snap is on. I have tried turning things on and off. F8 off. Tried ZOOM ALL.  I cant get the lines to appear 😕

• 4 weeks later...

I am in need of help with this project. I have tried it and then decided to turn in a blank form because I can’t get it. They sent it back to try again.  Is someone willing to walk me through these steps.  No lines appear and I don’t understand how to set benchmarks. I have researched this for months and gave up. 

Thanks! 

The Oleson Village project in the first of several projects Penn-Foster students are asked to complete before earning their certificate of completion.  You paid good money for this course so I don't quite understand why you would hand in a blank drawing.  Be that as it may, have you read any of the Oleson Village threads available in this the Student Project Questions forum?  I've replied to numerous threads dealing with this project over the years.  Many of my responses also included screen shoots of the project that I did myself along with other pertinent information.  Rather than repeat myself I suggest you find one of the longer threads and read through it from the first to last post before starting over with the project.

Edited by ReMark

• 2 weeks later...

I am in need of guidance on how to draw the lots 1,2,3,4 and 5.  I have been able to get up to this point with the directions people have provided here which has been very helpful.   I looked at the other post but it still does not make sense to me. Thank you. 

Edited by Megan

Megan: The instructions on how to create the property lines for lots 1 thru 3 are outlined in the link I provided previously.  I used the OFFSET command.  Starting with the northern boundary line offset this line downwards a distance of 60.  Then offset the newly created line, again downwards, another distance of 60, and finally offset that newly created line, downwards, one more time, a distance of 60.  Next, using the same command, offset the western boundary line, to the right, a distance of 120.  Look at the 2nd page of the previously mentioned thread, second post from the top, and you'll see what the result should look like.  Using the newly created line that runs parallel to the western boundary TRIM the three lines that run parallel to the north boundary line.  Do not trim the north boundary line itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your help..... I really feel stupid with this project.  

I was able to make lots 1-3.  However when I looked at the picture you ad in the other posts you have extra streets I do not and I do not understand how to get the other lots.  Seriously have been sitting at my computer for the last 5 hours reading, youtube, and trying to understand so I can get this done.  

I would appreciate more help. 

image.thumb.png.dd5dbdea1762b0febf2a51f069b12d1d.png

The "extra streets" as you refer to them run adjacent to the top, right and bottom of the subdivision.  They are created by using the OFFSET command.  The distance to offset is spelled out in your instructions.  As for the creation of SW Village Lane I once again refer you back to the link previously posted.  Look at the 12th post on the second page.  This will get you started on creating the centerline for SW Village Lane.  Work on those items first then you can return to the creation of lots 4, 5 and 6.

Edited by ReMark