Plotting layout vs window selection

NoroZorro

Hello Autocaders!

1. When i print my dwg file with windows selection than checking center the drawing. Drawing comes out right. But its annoying to select the window every time i need to plot. I know i can get print setup and save it.

2. When i print using the layout, my drawing doesn't get centrelized, so i'm obliged to go with choice number one.

Please tell me what's the easiest way of printing from paperspace. Why my layout get distrorted on preview when paperspace is selected?

Thankdwg you!

Edited by NoroZorro

Do the boundaries of your work tend to shift over time? That would explain why centering it in the viewport doesn't work.

Did you lock your viewport? If not, that could explain why it keeps losing coherence with model space.

If you set up your viewport properly, and the model doesn't shift, you shouldn't have to change your settings again.

1st step is to set yourself a known boundary in paperspace this would normally be a title block, but a rectang the size of the plottable area is just as good. This way the paperspace is always plotted at a known scale like 1:1. You can see the sheet size.

Then for me use a lisp and it plots every time with limited user input. The example is for plot a range of layouts, the only rule is the border must be at the same location in every layout eg 0,0 then you change the lower-left and upper right co-ords for the selected window.

plotA3color-layouts .LSP

Edited by BIGAL

Do the boundaries of your work tend to shift over time?

Testing on a different file, than my screenshots of printer setup

If I understand the term boundaries, I would say, that my boundary is rectangle inside the dash line(the plotting area)

Viewport locked or unlocked, the drawing with nitro pdf comes our right.

If I indicate the real printer,  than my boundaries shift

Then for me use a lisp and it plots every time with limited user input

I've autocat lt, lisps are not avaible in this edition

4.JPG

5.JPG

Edited by NoroZorro

Every plotter has margins that it can't print outside of. Those are physical limits so that, for instance, a print head won't catch the edge of the paper and tear it.

It looks like your viewport is set up for the full paper size. If you use Page Setup Manager, you can experiment with what you see on the screen versus what you get in a plot. Typically there is a shaded area in paper space around the paper size, with a dotted border around the effective plot size. There is a "bleed through" option on some plotters that will give you a bit more space.

There is no need to recreate the window every time. If a window plot gets you the correct results, all you need to do is apply the print settings to the layout in order to save the window. Even better, create a named page set-up that can be recalled at printing time. This named page set-up can them be imported into any file needing the same plot settings.

THANK YOU GUYS

I will save my setting with window selection......,however at my previous work i used layout plot

Edited by NoroZorro

Steven-g will confirm but if -plot is supported then you can do a macro which will plot the layout every time. Its just  a case of taking the plot portion of the lisp plot code. A script would be easiest as you just do Script then say plota3.

-PLOT
Y

"\\\\PROD\\your printer"
A3
m
LANDSCAPE
N 
W
-6,-6
1=2
C
y