Steel Dynamic Block

nicolas

Hi, 

I need your help on creating a dynamic block of a steel roof. Here is the basic element of the steel roof which I need to repeat, the hidden line being the beginning and ending of the steel sheet. I have tried the array action without success.  My only solution is to use xclip on an imaginary large steel roof but doing it with a dynamic block will be just great. 

Thanks.

Steel Roof Dynamic Block.dwg

I had no problems using array and on an angle using your block, I set the length, then did UCS OB to set angle, just arrayed at 760 spacing, the number required was a guess. 

An array can be dragged to a size. One problem is a roof is more than likely to not be 760 increments. So what to do about last one ?

For me it would be easier to draw the lines as a repeating pattern right up to end, could make into a group. It may be that you could also look at a hatch pattern. I would base the pattern on 1000x1000 square. Where is that make hatch. 

image.thumb.png.af9e78e9f1f939720c022e8157624631.png

Thank you for your comment. 

Can you send me the dynamic block to understand how you did it.  I believe the triming to adapt the steel covering to the width of various roof can be solved by using xclip. 

Thanks.

I did not use the dynamic block, to make just stretched to right size then as I said use array. It would be easier to make the block 760x1000 then the y scale can make it length required. As I said already I used array to make the panels.

method would be pick base point, height, length. Array block then xclip as you mentioned.