inserting block at geographical coordinates

NoroZorro

Hello forum!

i suspect that my dwg file is geo-referenced. However i fail to move or copy block at coordinates that I input. Please provide a step by step instructions. See file attached

my first coordinate lat 45.56486111 long -73.58944444

Thank you

geo_reference.dwg

I don't think LT supports lat long input CIV3d does.

You will need a conversion program to make new X&Y co-ordinates, there are some out there depends on where you are in the world also.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, NoroZorro said:

i suspect that my dwg file is geo-referenced.....

I am not sure whether it is! It is certainly not to a UTM coordinate system.

Using the geographic coordinate, one gets to 22e Av in Montreal. In Google Earth, changing to UTM coordinates, one gets (approximately) 610000e, 5046670n in zone 18T.

Your drawing gives coordinates for the same spot as 297600e, 5047360n (approximately).

So I reckon that Montreal has its own mapping grid. You should enquire at the city map makers if they have a conversion.

• Like 1

Command: CGEOCS

CGEOCS = "CANQ-M8" (read only)

Your drawing appears to be of proper coordinates and having the proper system assigned.   The lat/long you mention hit near the center of the street at coordinates of X=297817.960  Y=5047220.634.  If you truly have AutoCAD LT, there is not much else you can do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TerryDotson said:

Command: CGEOCS

CGEOCS = "CANQ-M8" (read only)

Your drawing appears to be of proper coordinates and having the proper system assigned.   The lat/long you mention hit near the center of the street at coordinates of X=297817.960  Y=5047220.634.  If you truly have AutoCAD LT, there is not much else you can do.

I mapped my coordinates on google earth. Then using a ruler on google earth, I placed my marks in Autocad

Do you guys have a better solution for this task.

Thanks

How did you get your drawing to Google Earth, I have to assume you have more than AutoCAD LT?  It would really help everyone help you if we knew what software you have available.

Use Align pick furthest apart points on image, picking same point as the co-ordinates. This can rotate and scale image or plan.

You need to look into georeferenced images, from Google maps or near map. These hold the corrected co-ordinates and scaling for the image, LT will still be a problem compared to autocad which has program solutions. Your welcome to re-engineer this into say excel.

rescale image.lsp