Block can be used only on drawing it was created on

Lithium

AutoCAD 2009 LT

I can create a block in a drawing but I can use it only in that drawing. If I switch to a different drawing and try to insert the block it is not there, even though the block.dwg file is in the drawing's folder. What step am I missing?

Edited by Lithium
Added Version

To use a block in one or more drawings there are a couple of different options.  One is to use the WBlock (Write Block command) when creating the block saving it to a specific folder (ex. - My Blocks).  Another option is to use the Design Center.  Open the Design Center, chose the drawing that contains the block, then click on Blocks (left pane I believe).  The Design Center will extract the block definitions and provide the user with suitable icons matching the block in question.  Drag and Drop your block into the new drawing.

Thanks, guys. For the little I have to do, I have been doing the copy, paste and create the block that works in just that drawing. When I have more time I will experiment with wblock to a specific folder.

Design center is another option for getting stuff from one drawing to another without having to open the source drawing and copy/paste.