Title Block Updates from CSV

acad1985

Hello Everyone,

I've found a lisp routine by Lee-Mac in Here to update the Attribute Title Block from CSV file. i have a same task to be done.But in my drawing having different layout names and file Names. so i don't want to mention the file name and Layout name in CSV file. (Because i'm trying to update the csv using VBA Userform in AutoCAD, after updating title block will be updated automatically. so i don't want to enter the drawing and layout name).

@Lee Mac

Can you/anyone help me out to update the Title Block without drawing and Layout names in CSV file.

I appreciate any help! 

You can use layout order which is a number rather than a name. have a look at this code its GOTO jumps to a layout by number.

; GOTO layout just like other goto a page
; By Alan H 2013
; menu command [GOTO]^c^C^p(load "goto")
; enter a big number like 99 to jump to last if 100+ layouts then 123 etc
; Model space is 0 zero GOTO 0

(defun C:goto ( / x alllayouts laynum num)
 (if (not AH:getvalsm)(load "Multi Getvals.lsp"))
(setq num (atoi (nth 0  (AH:getvalsm (list "Go To A Layout" "Enter layout number" 5 4 "1")))))
(setq alllayouts (vla-get-Layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))))
(SETQ LAYNUM 0)
(vlax-for x alllayouts
(Setq laynum (+ 1 laynum))
) ;total number of layouts
(if (> num laynum)
(setq num (- laynum 1))
)
(vlax-for lay alllayouts
(if (= num (vla-get-taborder lay))
(setvar "ctab" (vla-get-name lay))
)
)
)

; I often type it wrong so added this one also
(defun C:goot ()
(c:goto)
) ; defun

Hi @BIGAL

Thanks for your Reply...You are correct we can use Layout numbers instead of Layout Name.

But in my drawing has different number of Layouts and also Drawing name is too long (alphabet with Numbers). so i couldn't enter it every time.

I'm going to combine this script with my routine (Automatic Layout Creation).

So i want to ignore the things mentioned below image

image.png.41d90ed04717458ba19c86e069431ec9.png

Thanks.

The only way to not have a dwg name is to open the correct dwg then run a program, the layout could use the number order by ignoring "Layout1" starting at row 3 if layout to be skipped put something like blank or 0 . Or add a tick on in another column put a X. layout= row number - 2

Thank you so much Bigal for your time.

I did this, Actually there is a option in lisp to running the command without layout name. And i get the current drawing name using VBA.

Thank you 😀