How to Wipeout in Map5 w/out Express Tools

I'm using AutoCAD 2000. No Express Tools.

Would like to find a way to mask behind a construction note cloud block so the notes are more readable since they are being placed in various locations inside busy drawings.

I see that if I had Express Tools, the command is there, but unfortunately, I don't so looking for other options.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, ORgrown said:

I'm using AutoCAD 2000. No Express Tools.

Autocad 2000 does have Express Tools. I believe they were an option though, so you could choose not to install them. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want them though? Try typing EXPRESSMENU at the command line. If the tools were loaded at installation, the Express menu should appear. If the menu doesn't appear, find the installation disk and install them.

@Cad64 - I tried typing in EXPRESSMENU as well as _EXPRESSMENU  at the command line and nothing. Unknown command.  Not sure why my version doesn't have Express Tools - but it was another company's version that was acquired when my company purchased that company.

It was a long time ago (AutoCAD 2000), but I seem to recall that it began to be the fashion to download extras from the web.

I certainly downloaded Express Tools from the web, and got Express Tools versions 1 to 9, as a download file etv1-9.exe   See if you can find it (If allowed).

Use a hatch in color 255,255,255, send to back.

What version of Windows are you running?

The Express Tools in AutoCAD 2000 will not run on 64-bit OS IIRC. IIRC, there is an option to add them on the install disk.

@eldon - so far I'm coming up empty on the websearch...

@SLW210 - I'm using Win7. I'll try the hatch idea and see what that looks like. Not sure client will like it when printed though?

@eldon - !! Found a thread where someone mentioned they found the exe on a foreign website. I found it!!  ExpressTools are now loaded. 

It all works although my machine is Win7, I'm using Virtual PC to run Map5.  @SLW210, that is something I forgot to mention in my reply to you.

Thank you for the suggestion!