Easiest program to render?

Zox

Can someone recommend me some program for easy rendering? I've drew some 3d building in autocad and would need some program that can easily import autocad 3d models and render them.

OK thanks, interesting program. Although it doesn't load materials quite correctly and I have to set/ define them additionally (like glass) it's still very useful. Thanks again!

Edited by Zox

Really? Are you using it's glass material or using one brought in from AutoCAD? I've only used glass a few times but I only used it's materials. I also don't use dwg files in it, only SketchUp files for me.

Yeah I use dwg files that?s why I said " I've drew some 3d building in autocad" but would it be better if I convert it to fbx?

Edited by Zox

LOL, yeah I got the part about using dwg files 🤨 but you never said that you were using materials or textures in AutoCAD. I'd just try to use a glass material from SimLab and replace the one from AutoCAD. You'll probably need to download the extended material database for SimLab as well as the AutoCAD integration plugin if you haven't already.

It seems to do OK. A few artifacts here and there but I only let it run for 5 minutes. The glass looks ok to me ;) 

simlab test.png

• Like 1

Really, you got translucent glass? When I import dwg to SimLab and go to "Show Scene Materials" for every material in "Material Type" it is set to "Default" and then I have to change it to glass, metal...

BTW is there a way for me to set from which corner I want it to render and then leave it to render like five pictures instead of me checking every few minutes until it finishes rendering and then set the new corner from which I want it to render?

Edited by Zox

Not sure about your rendering question. I have never tried that.

I was under the impression that materials did not transfer well out of AutoCAD using dwg files. That was the reason I asked.

5 hours ago, f700es said:

I was under the impression that materials did not transfer well out of AutoCAD using dwg files. That was the reason I asked.

I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I used to bring CAD models into Studio Max for rendering and I always had to apply my materials in Max because they don't export out of Autocad.

You could try exporting FBX out of Autocad, but I think you're going to have the same issue with materials.

12 hours ago, Cad64 said:

You could try exporting FBX out of Autocad, but I think you're going to have the same issue with materials.

Even worse. When I export fbx out of autocad the materials don't even show up in SimLab.

I also used to bring CAD models into Studio Max for rendering, but I didn't have problems with materials,. Still, I just wanted some simpler rendering program.

Also when it comes to exporting materials out of autocad for some time I was using a program called "Iclone" for rendering 3d objects from autocad and I had no problem with importing them into Iclone (although I had to first convert it to fbx). But then I updated some programs that created problems with importing stuff from autocad.

• 4 months later...

I too am looking for a simple rendering program for models created in AutoCAD.  I use Autocad 2000 for furniture and built-ins but for architectural models, I use Architectural Desktop 2004.  Looking at SimLab's site, it appears that it only imports .dwg files from AutoCAD 2019. Is that correct?

9 hours ago, acad_2k said:

Looking at SimLab's site, it appears that it only imports .dwg files from AutoCAD 2019. Is that correct?

I'm fairly certain that means it can import dwg files up to 2019, meaning any newer file format would not import, but older file formats should be fine. The best thing to do is download the program and try it out. It's free so you don't have anything to lose.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, Twinmotion is very nice ;)
This took less than 5 minutes to set up and render. The arch was modeled and textured in SketchUp Pro.

Image1_000.png

• 1 month later...

Guys, due to my laptop outstanding characteristics😀 (4gb RAM 1.6 GHz, 1.6 GHz) can you recommend me some decent rendering software that my computer can support without problems? Even on autocad 2012, it starts to glitch on little more complicated 3D model...

1 hour ago, velimir said:

Guys, due to my laptop outstanding characteristics😀 (4gb RAM 1.6 GHz, 1.6 GHz) can you recommend me some decent rendering software that my computer can support without problems? Even on autocad 2012, it starts to glitch on little more complicated 3D model...

What are your full laptop specs?

You mentioned you have 4GB RAM, which is not good. And, a 1.6 GHz processor? Also not good. Is it at least a dual core processor? If it's single core, I would say forget about rendering.

You could try Simlab Composer, as recommended by f700es above.

You can download the free lite version here: https://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/simlab-composer-lite.aspx

Find a good refurbished Dell desktop with at least a 4th gen i5 or higher. Then use an SSD hard drive, GTX 650 or higher and 16 gb of RAM. This what I have at home and it was under $400 USD. 

• Like 1