Survey bearing degree symbol

Surveyor Brian

Quite simple.

Your lineweight (width) is wider than the hole in your "o". 

0.25mm is your default lineweight setting, but your PLOTSTYLE named brian.ctb is unavailable to me so I have no idea what that does to your lines.

Solutions ARE, reduce the lineweight for the layer(s) containing "bears", (probably in your PLOTSTYLE) or select a font that has a larger symbol set.

Edited by Dana W
ADDED MORE INFO

1 hour ago, Dana W said:

Solutions ARE, reduce the lineweight for the layer(s) containing "bears", (probably in your PLOTSTYLE) or select a font that has a larger symbol set.

...or use a truetype font for at least the degree symbol. Truetype font characters scale their own "lineweight" based on font size, and not by any CTB/STB settings.

lBA6VqY.png

• Thanks 1

Bureaucracy dictates that I must not change lineweight.  Alpha and number characters must stay as close as poss to existing text style.  Thank you Dana for your comments, I will research size of symbol sets for various fonts. 

R K McSwain I think what you have shown is just what I need, thank you.  Can you advise what true type font you used and I will attempt to acquire / use it?

I used AutoCAD's "Swis721 Lt BT" as my default for years because it uses less ink and is easily readable while using less space than most fonts, but switched to "Arial Narrow" as it's more compact and readable. I use Arial & Arial Bold sparingly on Index sheets.  For street signs "Lucida Sans Typewriter" uppercase letters are spot on.  Avoid purchasing that cool looking font online that may cause AutoCAD issues later on and will never look the same for anyone outside your office who didn't purchase it as well.  Huge assortment of fonts installed with Windows (almost everyone has) that AutoCAD is fully compatible with.

• Like 1

As a surveyor you may have rules about what font to use I know that here in AUS stuff like how a 4 looks, degree symbol, decimal point, are a couple that will reject a plan at the surveyors board, so find a TTF that reflects the standard required as close as you can get.

• Thanks 1