Why my plot style is not appear in the preview ?

Gali

Hello every one 

Why my plot style is not reflected in the preview ? 

Image 1 is the drawing 

Image 2 is how it should preview and print .

the CTB all black except red and green .

Is there problem in my basic congratulations ? 

please help  me how to make my plot style appear  in the preview !😃

Thank you in advance .

Pic - 1.JPG

Pic - 2.JPG

Sorry, I don't understand your problem. If the CTB has green and red pens, and your plot has green and red objects, it sounds like you got what you wanted.

If I had to guess, there are two potential problems. One, you don't want the green and red objects. In that case, check the properties of the objects themselves for color overrides. Then check the colors assigned to your pens and make sure they're all black.

Two, you don't want the black objects. Check the colors in your color table and make sure they're not black.

If this doesn't help, please provide more information. The more you can tell us, the better we can help you.

Is Display plot styles checked in the Page Setup?

We have one person in our office still using a CTB file and while Red is set to plot black it still displays as Red even with Display plot styles checked though it plots correctly.

I've never had an issue like that with an STB file.

4 hours ago, Gali said:

Which is better STB or CTB  ?

It's not really about "better," it's about what fits the way you work. CTB is a holdover from the days when you had a carousel of physical pens in your flatbed plotter, and you didn't have much control over how they drew things. Now, of course, you can override colors and lineweights of individual objects, which takes out the mechanical angle.

With STB you can change all the settings at once, which is simpler from an organizational standpoint (for the computer) but harder to implement properly (for the user). You have to keep track of your styles, you have to assign them correctly, and you don't have the advantage of WYSIWYG. Perhaps worst of all, your clients probably use CTB because that's what they've always done, so you lose time converting drawings. It's like Betamax videotape recording, it's a good idea that came along too late to catch on, and the whole format will be superseded soon so why bother.

Someone will come along to defend STB, which is proper. I haven't used it much, so I'm not familiar with all its advantages.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  The Autodesk-MONO.stb installed with AutoCAD includes 12 Plot Styles that allow any layer or object to plot as Black, in it's actual Color, or in 9 different shades of gray which isn't remotely possible with an installed CTB even with 256 Plot Styles which is only the tip of the iceberg of what STB's can do.  As any drawing using a CTB or STB installed with AutoCAD can be opened and plotted by anyone who has AutoCAD installed Autodesk-MONO.stb would be a good one to test how you feel about STB's.  While I find them easier to use converting STB drawings even to other STB's is trickier, a Plot Style with the same settings may  be called "Black" in one STB and "Solid" in another.  If an STB drawing is converted to CTB all assigned Plot Styles disappear as CTB's don't have them making converting them back a pain.

Whether you use CTB's or STB's don't assign lineweights in either one.  We've been able to assign lineweights to objects and layers for over 20 versions now. Why are there still folk assigning lineweights the way it had to be done in the 1980's?  Kinda like using all caps like we did when we either used Ames Lettering Guide or Leroy for characters.  Ever read a book in all caps?  Online it's considered screaming but there's still drafters who believe if it was good enough 50 years ago…

Cyberangel Ctb change all the settings at once just pick a color number hold shift scroll down click can set pen size color etc for all picked. You are right though it comes down to company standards. For Civil type dwgs the old fashioned CTB works perfect for us but we did do some customisation. The only issue is must send ctb with dwg to others.