run command for each polyline help

loudy000

hey guys, 

i have a little knowledge on c#, basically i want to do something like

foreach(Polyline pl in selected polylines)

{

///do something }; 

but i dont have any idea how to do it using lisp.

this is the command i want to run for each polyline

(command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" "yes" "landuse" "")

)

thanks in advance.

Hi,

That is an iteration process and here is one way as in the following :

(if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "LWPOLYLINE"))))
  (repeat (setq no (sslength ss))
    (setq sn (ssname ss (setq no (1- no))))
    ;; do something here for the polyline entity. 'sn' = 'pl' as into your example
    )
  )

NOTE: How come that command call does not have the entity itself to run with ? the variable 'pl' as into your example !

Hi @Tharwat sorry, here's the full command i want to repeat for each selected polyline

(Defun c:pll ()
(while (setq s (ssget))
  (sssetfirst nil s)
  (command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" "yes" "Landuse" """")
))

Thank you i dont know how to incorporate it in your code, i tried pasting it under don something but it's not working. Again Thank you.

oh sorry you have to run that command first then apply to each polyline, currently working with single polyline

so command, then select polylines

Something like this?

(defun c:Test ( / ss)
  (if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "*POLYLINE"))))
     (command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" ss "" "yes" "landuse" "")
    )
  (princ)
  )

Thanks @Tharwat however i still cant get it to work, sorry it's kind of difficult to explain what  the command does..

Please see attached. so thats basically i want to run on multiple polylines as separate (fill)

Thanks again.

Untitled Project.gif

Hopefully the following would work and you may need to use the system variable filedia to disable the prompt of the Dialog box.

(defun c:Test ( / ss no)
     (command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" "landuse" "" (ssname ss (setq no (1- no))) "" "yes")
      )
    )
  (princ)
  )

Thanks again, appreciate your help however it only works with single poly line. I modify it a bit because above code is not working. cheers

(defun c:Test ( / ss no)
     (command "MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" "Landuse MP" (ssname ss (setq no (1- no))) "" "yes")
      )
    )
  (princ)
  )

Untitled Project.gif

Can you post the working C# codes so I can convert them into lisp if they are not that complicated?

You did not show the command line if the codes throw any error to allow me to know how things going on with the codes.!

Like Tharwat are you just hatching multiple plines, doing an inside parallel pline. or other options. What I am suggesting is the options may all be done already in lisp.

Ssget has multiple select filters that you can use and can be multiple of,  such as layer, all or all in a particular space model / layout.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tharwat said:

Can you post the working C# codes so I can convert them into lisp if they are not that complicated?

You did not show the command line if the codes throw any error to allow me to know how things going on with the codes.!

Hi @Tharwat technically there's no actual c# code it's just an example of what im after, i think it's close just need to create separate hatch for each poly line. So say select 3 or 4..poly lines and create hatch for each.

image.png.65c4eb3dfdba70b1edfcedccdaaec017.png

Edited by loudy000
update attachement

5 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Like Tharwat are you just hatching multiple plines, doing an inside parallel pline. or other options. What I am suggesting is the options may all be done already in lisp.

Ssget has multiple select filters that you can use and can be multiple of,  such as layer, all or all in a particular space model / layout.

Thanks @BIGAL 

This is real quick and not very detailed and would normally have a front end to choose hatch pattern and scale etc but gives a result. You need to provide more detail. Do you want them different colors etc.

(defun c:qkhatch ( / ss  x)
(if (setq ss (ssget (list (cons 0 "lwpolyline"))))
(progn
(setvar 'hpname "Ansi31")
(setvar 'hpscale 2.0)
(repeat (setq x (sslength ss))
(command "-hatch" "S" (ssname ss (setq x (1- x))) "" "p" "" "" "" "")
)
)
)
)
(c:qkhatch)

There is a variable, HPSEPARATE, that governs if the _Hatch commands creates separate hatches or not. So what BIGAL is doing can be done without Lisp code.

Thanks @BIGAL  for that it's not actually hatch command that i want to run for each poly line.

It's the code above 

(defun c:Test ( / ss)
     (command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" ss "" "yes" "landuse" "")
    )
  (princ)
  )

so i tried to adopt it and i thought it should be similar, just different command, but for some reason it's not working. Thanks again for your help guys.

(defun c:qkhatch ( / ss  x)
(if (setq ss (ssget (list (cons 0 "lwpolyline"))))
(progn
(repeat (setq x (sslength ss))
(command "_MAPCreateFeatureFromGeometry" "Landuse MP" (ssname ss (setq x (1- x))) "yes" "" "" "")
)
)
)
)
(c:qkhatch)

In your video the map select asks for you to pick the pline that’s where the ssname needs to go.

You may need to select the object before running the command. Try it above, on IPad so no test.