Shade command

steven-g

Can anyone get the shade command to work in the newer versions of LT. Just draw a circle and use the shade comand, It works in 2017 LT, but not in the latest 3 versions, I get the error "not enough free RAM" so what has changed between 2017 and 2018/19/20. 2017 it works perfectly shading the object in it's property color, but in the newer versions everything just vanishes including the objects. Does this command work for anyone, could it be a RAM issue or is it "just got broke" in LT recently. I'm on a Lenovo yoga 700, win 10, with 8GB. It is an oldish laptop but my concern is why it works in one and not the other.

I suppose I should also ask does it work in full Autocad for people is this an LT issue or indeed a memory one.

Edited by steven-g

This is what I get in 2017LT for a circle and a region, UCS=world and plain plan view, from 2018LT onwards the shade command just gives me a blank screen and the error message about not enough free RAM.

Screenshot (198).png

I did a bit of digging and there where a few changes between 2017/2018. One being the variable 'hideprecision', it was removed in favour of being set always to double precision, still in 2017 setting it to double presicion has no negative effect, but I can't help but wonder if it did have a affect on my system. There where also several other changes so maybe one of those. Thanks BIGAL yes a wide polyline should show the same difference as should a solid (2D solid that is) in fact just drawing one them they show as a solid fill in 2017 LT but not in the newer versions.

Just in writing this reply I tried again with wide polylines, this is wierd it is working now in 2020, I have no idea what happened though I did archive a few folders from my hardrive because it was down to 4GB so I now have 33, maybe  clearing some space made a difference to the available virtual (pagefile) memory, shade is still not working in 2018/19 but maybe I'll clear out some more space and see what happens. But I now have 2020 vision :facepalm:.