lweight on off

jim78b

i have this macro and not understand why if i set lweight bylayer after launch my macro the lweight display on instead remain as should be :OFF

^C^C_clayer 0;^C^C_color BYBLOCK;^C^C-linetype;S BYLAYER;^C^C_lweight BYLAYER;

Looks like running the lweight command automatically turns on the display, but you can turn it off at the end of your macro by adding this to the end.

_lwdisplay;off;

I never use it but, it does appear to be. Looks like something you just need to learn to live with, in a macro the lweight command will automatically turn it on, I suppose you could add in a diesel expression at the start of your macro to reaad the variable "lwdisplay" at the start of the macro and then reset it at the end so that the value remains the same.

28 minutes ago, steven-g said:

I never use it but, it does appear to be. Looks like something you just need to learn to live with, in a macro the lweight command will automatically turn it on, I suppose you could add in a diesel expression at the start of your macro to reaad the variable "lwdisplay" at the start of the macro and then reset it at the end so that the value remains the same.

Thanks i want only know if was normal and if  i used the macro command right .i can remove lweight and not use if someone don't know why lweight active the display of lines weight

Edited by jim78b

8 hours ago, jim78b said:

i have this macro and not understand why if i set lweight bylayer after launch my macro the lweight display on instead remain as should be :OFF

^C^C_clayer 0;^C^C_color BYBLOCK;^C^C-linetype;S BYLAYER;^C^C_lweight BYLAYER;

To modify layer 0 use "^C^C_-LAYER Make 0" and set whatever properties you want for layer 0 while you're in there.  Try using CELWEIGHT to set current lineweight. 

Gotta ask, why set color BYBLOCK, and everything else BYLAYER?  I generally always use BYBLOCK for block entities and BYLAYER for everything else.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:12 PM, steven-g said:

Yes it certainly looks normal, I can see no problems in your macro.

even with CELWEIGHT autocad turn on the lwdisplay

Well done, It can be frustrating at times trying to get things to work as you hope, and macro's often are limited in their use. And finding just that right setting or option/variable is often a long drawn out process. So it's good to see that you got there and it's great that you let us know (and pretty quick too).

4 hours ago, jim78b said:

if i use -layer lw not permit to choose bylayer only thicknes

You cannot set any layer property to bylayer!

With -layer you can set lineweight to Default, same as you would with the Layer Palette.

I'd still recommend using byblock for all the properties of block entities and bylayer for everything else.

27 minutes ago, tombu said:

You cannot set any layer property to bylayer!

With -layer you can set lineweight to Default, same as you would with the Layer Palette.

I'd still recommend using byblock for all the properties of block entities and bylayer for everything else.

ok thanks you very much for your help! have a nice day