Leader Copy Command Issue

Oxters

We have an issue that can be recreated easily. In a new document, if we create a leader object then copy it multiple times with the copy command then run the command (command "dimstyle" "a") and select all the leaders, their tails will all connect. It seems like a bug to me because the issue doesn't happen when we do the same thing but with copy+paste rather than the copy command. We are working on a lisp script that this issue is a problem to. Any help to circumvent this issue would be much appreciated.

Are you using AutoCAD 2008? What OS? What is the purpose for (command "dimstyle" "a")? 

Can you post what happens on the command line when you do this?

What are your DimStyle settings?

We originally were using autocad 2006 on a windows 7 device. Then we tried on the same device with autocad 2015, same issue occurs. Later on a different device running windows xp with autocad 2013 it still happens.

The command just applies the current dimstyle to the selected objects, you can recreate this issue with a new drawing and standard dimstyle. That's what we've been doing.

We attached a video so you can follow along and try it as well:

Thanks for testing it on your side. So does this mean this is a bug with older versions of autocad? Is there any way to apply a dimstyle through lisp while avoiding it if it is a bug?

14 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Try save then dim a or re dim a not tested.

Just tested that out, unfortunately did not fix the issue. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I added leaders to your .dwg and those do not connect. Seems it has something to do with leaders in the older AutoCAD. I copied your leader into a new drawing and they do not connect either.

Thanks for testing it out, so it seems to be a bug with the older versions of autocad. Hopefully there's some way to reset or something, like the save suggestion, that would help with the issue in the older versions. If I find something I'll report back. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help.