Hatch Boundary

I just switched from Acad LT 2018 to 2020. 

I have a Breakline block with a Stretch Action and it's annotative. It has always closed the boundary for hatching from v 2015 to 2018. Now in 2020 it doesn't.... or sometimes does?

A coworker has never been able to make it work for a closed boundary. It seems to be worse when the objects are in a block, either hatching the block or editing the block and hatching the objects. 

It does not have any Z coordinate deviation. I've tried changing HPGAPTOL. I've tried isolating the layers I'm working with to reduce clutter. I'm not sure what to do. 
I've attached a simple dwg. 

hatch problem.dwg

Nope no Z deviation, and the ends of the lines touch the linework in the block precisely, however when it fails to hatch it says that the problem is that point where the block meets the end of the line. I can only hazzard a gues that Autocad is getting confused with the arithmatic for working out where the blocks are in relation to the other geometry. Seeing as the blocks have been scaled up from the original by a factor of 23.76923077?????????? so although you see nice clean linework Autocad has to work things out using the linework in the block definition and working out where it is in the drawing, and then also take into account the distance that your geometry is from the 0,0 origin.

It may be another problem, but I would consider redoing the block making it closer to the size that it is most often used and also using real world measurements, The sizes of lines in the block definition give me the impression that this was maybe created in a metric file, and at some time and has been scaled in some wierd fashion.

It comes in at 1.0 for x y z scale on my file. Not sure what happened if it uploaded weird. 

when i explode the block all the geometry still seems good. 

I could try to recreate from scratch. I have a feeling it might be the same. something to do with it being annotative

ooooohhh.... weird. The exploded block has the lines on 0 layer. So it seems if I isolate the concrete layer it somehow can't find the 0 layer. It works if I have all the layers on or at least concrete and 0. 
I'll keep an eye on that. 

You could be onto something there. As far as the scale goes, measure the centre line of the 'break' symbol it is 2-53/128" if you open the symbol in the block editor that same line is 13/128" which is why I say it is a wierd scale factor. It is normal to have internal block geometry on layer "0", but there should be no reason to turn off layer "0" in the drawing, and if that fixes your problem just remember to keep layer "0" turned on.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get it to work.

If you go into block editor.

"CONSTRAINTS" then enter.

In the Autoconstrain tab, (where it sais Tolerances and DIstance) change your distance to 0.0

When I first opened the drawing the "=" autoconstrain type was not applied and the distance tolerance was at 0.05 or something.

Once done, "close block editor" and the hatching will work.

ChriS