Using floor plan for level above as underlay

Siberian

For a specific view I would like to use the imported floor plan for the level above as an underlay, but not including all the objects that reside on that level. Sounds like a simple enough task, but I can't think of a way. Adjusting the view range doesn't seem like a good way to go. Any ideas?

No, it is linked. Sorry for not being clear on that. But when linking it you associate it with a certain floor - but for this particular view I would like to use it for the floor below as well.

Say I have level 1 and level 2. I originally linked the level 2 floor plan (dwg) to my level 2 - as is the normal practice - and use it there for several views. But now I have a situation where I would like that same floor plan as my background also for level 1, but I can't find any way of using the V/G settings to accomplish that.

Stacked Views on your Sheet is one way. Quick 'n dirty, not ideal but honestly works the best. 

Another way depends on how you set up your DWG Links to begin with. Sometimes we have a bare Revit model with all DWG Links imported into the bare model to act as a retainer of DWG Links, then link this Revit model into our project. This gives you more control overall but can add to setup time. 

-TZ