lisp to rename a field?

masterfal

Hi All,

I haven't been able to find any way to rename a field i'm using in blocks other than going into my drawing properties, adding a new field, go into the block, edit the field through mtext editor, choose the new field name, exit the block, go to drawing properties and remove the old field name. i have dynamic blocks with fields used in each switch and its quite time consuming going to each switch one by one to fix the field name.

I'm wondering if anyone has any lisp routines or knows of a easy way to rename/replace a custom property field? surely theres a quicker way to do it?

Edited by masterfal

Just to be clear are you trying to assign a new field value to a block attribute?  Do you want it globally to every matching tag or just the matching tags for a particular block references.  Would you rather select the blocks individually to assign the attribute field value?  Need more specifics and a small drawing with before and after example of the block with old and new field values indicated.