Plot dwg to pdf only the inked area

itacad

Sorry, it is certainly a topic already discussed everywhere but I have not found a clear answer: is it possible to plot a pdf file without the edges and without creating a special sheet each time?

For example I have a PDF sheet dimension 941x3000mm, and to hurry, I use it for all prints smaller than it, then with programs to manipulate the pdf I remove the white edges.

It is faster to do so than to create a special sheet of the same size as the print I have to perform.

Thank you for any clarifications

Thanks for the video, talk about what I would like to solve and that is to have to create each time a "sheet" of the same size as the print area I select...

For the physical plotter I created a single sheet as high as the paper roll and 3m long...in the plotter settings there is the option to print only the inked area so with a single sheet I can make us practically all the prints I need without wasting paper.

I select the print area
I select the plotter
I select the only sheet that I can always go well without taking measurements
I print

Why isn't it possible with PDF printing and every time I have to make a special virtual sheet to get a borderless print?

Regards

I think we need a lot more detail about what your doing, so your plotting to a sheet size that matches the object at a fixed scale is that right ? Like printing at 1:1 true size. a 100x100mm would go on a A4 sheet a 600x600 mm would go on a A0 sheet.

If I understand your issue correctly, you have plotting areas of arbitrary sizes, and every time you plot, you want to plot to a PDF size that matches the plotting area, not to a standard plotter size. In other words, you want to have a new, uniquely sized plotter for each plot, or a way to crop each plot automatically to its extents.

I'm not sure how you would do that, although it might involve some code and the extents variable.

If that's not your issue, please provide more information.

Hi CyberAngel, You understood well.

My hope is that it could be done with common autocad commands.

I will continue to use a single very large sheet format and to remove the part beyond the margins with pdf editing programs.

regards

If you look at extmax and extmin this gives size of objects or if a area required again lower left upper right, than take into account scale you can get the best sheet that will fit from a range of sheets.

15 hours ago, itacad said:

Hi CyberAngel, You understood well.

My hope is that it could be done with common autocad commands.

I will continue to use a single very large sheet format and to remove the part beyond the margins with pdf editing programs.

regards

Attach an example of your dwg file.

Hello and thank you all for your interest in the subject and for the answers you are giving me.
There is no need to send any files, although being confronted with drawings with unified squares is not rare!

I give the example of printing with "DWG to PDF" and selecting according to the cases either the 2A0 format or the 4A0 format...with these 2 formats I cover the printing area of practically all the files that I have to print every day! I find it stupid, however, that the part of the sheet outside the limits I gave to the press is created...

I realized that the right operation to have no margins is to create a special press sheet, but it is much easier to successively remove the margins from the created pdf.
"Easy" is faster than "correct".

However, I attach an example file.

SQUADRATURE CARTIGLI.dwg SQUADRATURE CARTIGLI-Modello.pdf

Why not print "Fit to Paper"?

Any PDF if plotted/printed will still need to be on a standard size sheet, if only viewed on a screen I can't see what a little bit of white around the edge would be a problem.

Still not sure what you want to accomplish, but sounds like you need a custom program to create custom non-standard sheets to accommodate varying size print areas.

because I would lose the scale

I don't need a special program because what I have to change the pdf is enough, in the end it is only one more operation.

Thank you all