blockspalette disappeared (not autohide)

TechDrawJoris

Hello, 
I don't know that I place this in the right category but anyway I hope as much people as possible read this and I will be helped soon!

So I got Cad2020 and I typed (not the first time but now let's say 3rth or whatever but anyway I finally wanted to start to work with blocks etc) INSERT to insert a Block with some settings etc etc of course and then there opened the BlocksPalette as I expected. Ok, that went well. But then. I clicked right mouse click at the docking bar to dock it at the left side of my screen. That worked well aswell. But it was still on AutoHide so it hided.. I went with the cursor over the autohide symbol... it appeared again. I clicked on the symbol AND THEN it disappeared till now!
I tried many times to type again INSERT or BLOCKSPALETTE. I tried to Minimalize the AutoCad window, Closing other palletes, Changing Workspaces. Nothing helpes. I suppose it's somewhere hidden, behind ... I don't know where but I just can't find it. And it's really ON because on the View-tab >> Palettes >> the buttom of Blocks (what is the same command as Blockspalette of course) is highlighted as it's shown.
I'm searching long time already, so hateful. I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance. Greets, Joris

But if it's hiding behind the properties palette, I should be able to see it when I close the prop... And it's not there...
Isn't there a command or setvar with what you can bring all palletes undocked in the middle of the screen or...? I don't know what might be the solution to see it again...

Indeed if you close the properties and it is still missing, then it's not hiding there, do you have a second monitor (or did you recently remove one)?, yes a reset should bring it back, if you don't have too many changes made to your system which you might lose. It's not unheard of for a palette to get lost behind the drawing window but that tends to be a dual monitor issue.

• Like 1

Hey guys, i found it. There was a very tiny stroke of maybe one pixel at the left side of my screen. When I went with my cursor there I found suddenly changing the mouse arrow in this stretch symbol with what you can stretch windows and palettes and so I found it. But what the hell... i can't understand that they make it that it can hide like that... nobody is able to see such one pixel stroke. Ok whatever. It's good because I thougth also about changing all back to the default setting but i didn't want to...
Thanks for the responds!

3 hours ago, TechDrawJoris said:

i can't understand that they make it that it can hide like that... nobody is able to see such one pixel stroke. 

Glad to hear you found it, but I'm not sure how you were able to push it all the way past the edge of your screen? Even if I have "Allow Docking" disabled, I can't drag my tool palette past the edge of the screen. It bumps up against the edge and won't go any further. So that's a little curious.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, Cad64 said:

... push it all the way past the edge of your screen? ...

I've had them disappear off the screen for no apparent reason.
Usually show up after closing and reopening the affected pallette.

• 1 year later...

Happens with all Palettes, Google search for "autocad palette disappeared" returns About 57,700 results.

Many ways to fix but simply switching workspaces should work if you have "Do not save changes to workspace" set in "Workspace Settings" under "When Switching Workspaces".