map doesn't match georeferenced dwg

NoroZorro

Neither file (DWG / DXF) appear to have a coordinate system assigned.

Command: CGEOCS

That should echo the assigned name.

You need to assign a known system to the drawing using ...

Command: ADESETCRDSYS

• Like 3

Good catch Terry!

I've added

(if(=(ade_projgetwscode)"")(princ "\nNo coordinate system set!")(princ(strcat "\nCoordinate system set to " (ade_projgetwscode) ". ")))

to my acaddoc.lsp to remind me what coordinate system is set whenever a drawing is opened.  Unlike ESRI shapes image files seem to be heavily dependant on the coordinate system as they're location is adjusted on import.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, TerryDotson said:

Neither file (DWG / DXF) appear to have a coordinate system assigned.

Command: CGEOCS

That should echo the assigned name.

You need to assign a known system to the drawing using ...

Command: ADESETCRDSYS

When I add vector layer in qgis and look at the property of that layer i get this see image.

image.png.0724a602267f40e88d7cedd6644d19c1.png

1 hour ago, NoroZorro said:

When I add vector layer in qgis and look at the property of that layer i get this see image.

image.png.0724a602267f40e88d7cedd6644d19c1.png

What does that have to do with inserting an image into Map 3D?  That's where you need the coordinate system assigned.

Thanks Tombu for your interest

THERRY DOTSON replied to me : Neither file (DWG / DXF) appear to have a coordinate system assigned.

Here, he doesn't talk about image. We talk about dxf and dwg files, which i included for review previously.

I'm still lost on how to overlay online map on dwg. However when I assign coordinates system to my dwg(i didn't use geographic location command), i'm ok.

I assume, that by exporting dxf from qgis, dxf has already coordinates system assigned.The reason i believe so, is the property of that vector layer..see image above.

i'm sorry if I'm being silly

Edited by NoroZorro

22 hours ago, NoroZorro said:

In AutoCAD Map3D, you need to use the ADESETCRDSYS command to assign the coordinate system to the DWG.  If you are confident QGIS has found the right system you can try assigning it, otherwise consult a surveyor.  Once you have the proper system assigned (assuming the coordinates of the drawing are correct) you will be able to merge external information, export, etc.

Update: I assigned CAN83-8 to the drawing file and exported come content to KML, viewed it in Google Earth and (at a glance) it appears to align properly.

Edited by TerryDotson
  • Thanks 1