Line weight

dadef

After working all day on the dwg of a major project, the comp was left overnight in 'sleep mode'. In the morning when I opened the dwg all horizontal dashed lines were shown as parallelograms.  Regenall did not help. Right clicking on the line does not open properties. What happened and how can I get rid of the parallelograms and restore the dashed line?

Also, when clicking on the circle in the draft tab it draws an elipse, though in properties it shows circle and diametar. Squares are squashed also. What went wrong here? 

In ref to my earlier question the thickness of the dashed lines has changed to 100, when I changed it to 0 the lines were corrected. 

35 minutes ago, dadef said:

Also, when clicking on the circle in the draft tab it draws an elipse, though in properties it shows circle and diametar. Squares are squashed also. What went wrong here? 

Sounds like your monitor display resolution is wonky. Check your display settings and set the display resolution to the recommended setting for your monitor.

The big lesson here is Save and close.

There is no way I would leave a dwg open if I was going home etc. If you get a power spike it can destroy a dwg.

Repeatedly at staff meetings go to lunch or a meeting save and close. 

44 minutes ago, dadef said:

and circles into ellipse remains a mystery. 

Did you check your monitor display resolution, as I suggested? If you did, and the display resolution is correct, I would suggest making sure you are viewing your drawing from top down. You might be viewing it at an angle.

At the command prompt, type UCS and change the setting to "World". Then type PLAN and change the setting to "World".

Did you try restarting AutoCAD and/or your computer?

If possible you should never have a computer with AutoCAD go to sleep mode, it has been a known problem for many releases and certain graphics cards.

What graphics card and driver are you using?

@Cad64

Yeah, the resolution was checked. It is 1680 x 1080 (recommended), wasn't changed. 

I followed your last instructions and the dwg is back to what it was. Circles are back to circles, dashed lines to dashed lines (not squares anymore), squares to rhomboids....

Thank you for following back with me and resolving this issue.  Would like to know, was it smthng that I inadvertently did to cause the problem?

34 minutes ago, dadef said:

Would like to know, was it smthng that I inadvertently did to cause the problem?

Glad to hear everything is back to normal now.

If you hold down the Shift key and middle mouse button and then move your mouse, this will cause your drawing to rotate around in 3D space and give you that distorted view that you were seeing. I'm not sure how you could have accidentally done this though, because you would have seen it happen, so I'm not really sure how your drawing got that way when you opened it. But, now you know how to fix it, if it happens again.