how to recover accidentally unsaved DWG file with .sv$ file

Sengna

I was frustrated, i accidentally closed unsaved autocad file due to many drawing that i had them opened, i tried to close some drawings that i don't need and accidentally closed the one that i was working on.  since .BAK FILE didn't have updated info that i need.  I was looking for another method by finding .SV$ FILE but could not file it anywhere in the folder.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE BACK UP EXTENSION MIGHT BE? or could you please recommend me if there is any other method before start re draw everything.  Thank you 

Pretty easy CONFIG FILES Automatic Save file Location

I reset this to in my case D:\acadtemp its at top of tree much easier to find and more important clean out every now and then. Must exist before rename.

Hi Bigal, thank for your input on this.  can you clarify with where i am at this time, how can i find the .SV$ FILE? I have been searching, searched for key word but could not find this .sv$ file.  i assume your recommendation for me in the future is to set up CONFIG FILES correct?

If you closed the drawing without saving, the unsaved information is lost.

As long as the file is closed normally and you have not applied any customization to how the autosave files are handled, they will be deleted if the file is closed without a crash.

Ctrl+S constantly, .bak are useless if you aren't saving frequently, you should never need Autosave either, since it resets every time you save.

To prevent closing the wrong file, pay attention.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:13 PM, BIGAL said:

Look into CONFIG and Open & save this will make backups at time intervals. Incermental save percentage to 50  seems to work well, this will create bak & sv$.

Ok, thank you  i will give that a try.

9 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Ctrl+S constantly, .bak are useless if you aren't saving frequently, you should never need Autosave either, since it resets every time you save.

To prevent closing the wrong file, pay attention.

ok, absolutely. thank you

i found the hot key that took me to find that drawing now, i am so happy,  if you type "%tmp% on the window search, it will take you to the local drive where most of your CAD back up are stored, pretty cool, i don't know about Mac computer. now I AM HEADING TO THE BAR TO HAVE SOME BEER NOW.