Data Field and Diesel Expression, file name and layout name

itacad

Hello, I'm trying to automate the compilation of the attributes of some blocks...I would like to:

1) Write the filename without the extension

with this expression in data field i can write the file name, but it has the extension

%<\AcVar Filename \f "%fn6">%

with this diesel expression I can write the file name or part of it but I don't know how to cut the extension without counting the characters

$(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME))

2) Write the file name starting from a certain character, for example the tenth, until its end but excluding the extension

$(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME),10)

3) Write only a part of the layout name

with this data field I can write the name of the layout, but I don't know how to use only part of the string, for example the characters from the fourth to the eighth

%<\AcVar ctab \f "%tc1">%

is there a diesel expression to write the name of the layout?

Regards

Hello, I found some answer for this post...

1) write the filename without extenion

$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,"dwgname")),4))

3) For this point, now I understand! it was enough to replace the dwgname variable with ctab and use the expression!

for the rest I have to study well how these diesel exactions work!

Regards

Thanks for the links!
Another combination I should make with some filename is to write the file name from a certain character (for example the tenth), up to its end but without the extension.

Let's see if I can with a combination of the previous cases.

Regards

On 9/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, itacad said:

Hello, I'm trying to automate the compilation of the attributes of some blocks...I would like to:

1) Write the filename without the extension: %<\AcVar Filename \f "%fn2">%  You missed the checkbox.

2) Write the file name starting from a certain character, for example the tenth, until its end but excluding the extension:

%<\AcDiesel $(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME),10,$(-,$(STRLEN,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME)),13))>%

3) Write only a part of the layout name with this data field I can write the name of the layout, but I don't know how to use only part of the string, for example the characters from the fourth to the eighth: %<\AcDiesel $(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,CTAB),4,4)>%

I think I managed to use only an indefinite part of the filename starting from a certain character, up to the end, without the extension!

The files I use have the following structure:

- the first alphanumeric part always consists of 18 characters

- the second part (which is what I need), descriptive and with a non-predetermined number of characters

If I add the characters to remove to the formula that deletes the extension to the filename, I get the part of filename that I need but without having to count anything!

regards

C2019-015-EL-007S QE.GEN.dwg

C2019-015-EL-008P PIANO 1 FM.dwg

14 hours ago, itacad said:

I think I managed to use only an indefinite part of the filename starting from a certain character, up to the end, without the extension!

The files I use have the following structure:

- the first alphanumeric part always consists of 18 characters

- the second part (which is what I need), descriptive and with a non-predetermined number of characters

If I add the characters to remove to the formula that deletes the extension to the filename, I get the part of filename that I need but without having to count anything!

regards

C2019-015-EL-007S QE.GEN.dwg 58.24 kB · 1 download

C2019-015-EL-008P PIANO 1 FM.dwg 51.02 kB · 1 download

This should work as the DIESEL to remove both the first 18 characters and the extension leaving the descriptive and with a non-predetermined number of characters you are looking for:

$(substr,$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,"dwgname")),4)),19)

• 2 years later...

Someone knows how can I remove the first 12 charts of my file name?

I'm Using that expression to get the file and all UpperCase
$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,"dwgname")),4)) \f "%tc1%fn6">%

File Name: P0000-E-000 Proposed xFSDV xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
I want remove P0000-E-000

• 1 month later...
On 2021/10/8 at PM6點57分, Ciro said:

有人知道如何刪除文件名的前 12 個圖表嗎?

我正在使用該表達式來獲取文件和所有大寫
$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,"dwgname")),4)) \ f "%tc1%fn6">%

文件名:P0000-E-000 提議的 xFSDV xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
我想刪除 P0000-E-000

$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,"dwgname")),35))

2021.12.10_n8.png

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, itacad said:

1) Write the filename without the extension

with this expression in data field i can write the file name, but it has the extension

%<\AcVar Filename \f "%fn6">%

with this diesel expression I can write the file name or part of it but I don't know how to cut the extension without counting the characters

$(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME))

2) Write the file name starting from a certain character, for example the tenth, until its end but excluding the extension

$(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,DWGNAME),10)

3) Write only a part of the layout name

with this data field I can write the name of the layout, but I don't know how to use only part of the string, for example the characters from the fourth to the eighth

%<\AcVar ctab \f "%tc1">%

is there a diesel expression to write the name of the layout?

Regards

For #3 - $(SUBSTR,$(GETVAR,CTAB),3,7)