Project: Plat Map ~ Help please

Brynn

Hi Brynn,

I'm just starting myself the plap map project, how long did it take you to complete? I finish entering all my survey point with bearings but I am a bit confuse when they also mentioned

~ The line connecting the points is a right-of-way line and serves as the west boundary of SW Oleson Rd, which is 80 ft. wide. Is this a road I need to do at this point? Not so clear what I am reading.

I can use your help

I'm using Autocad 2008

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericjwied

• Car5858

• ReMark

• Brynn

Top Posters In This Topic

This is additional information that was provided.

Yes it is a road that you will have to do. Did you read the complete instruction set before starting the project? This helped me to understand all that was needed while drawing the plat map. Also checking off each step will help you keep track of where you are in the instructions.

Hi Brynn,

I'm just starting myself the plap map project, how long did it take you to complete? I finish entering all my survey point with bearings but I am a bit confuse when they also mentioned

~ The line connecting the points is a right-of-way line and serves as the west boundary of SW Oleson Rd, which is 80 ft. wide. Is this a road I need to do at this point? Not so clear what I am reading.

I can use your help

I'm using Autocad 2008

From what you have cited, I am as confuesed as you are. Go to whoever gave you the project and have them explain about the line.

We have roads here in which the centerline does not always go down midway between the R/W lines. Thus you need to talk to some one with your business.

Wm.

No I have not read the whole project but I will now...

Also, POB is measured from BM#8332 is it the same as the coordinates for the benchmark 1421334.93,783207.62 ? Why 8332?

Bear with me, I'm a very visual person so the more information I read the more confusing it gets sometimes.

Thanks

No I have not read the whole project but I will now...

Also, POB is measured from BM#8332 is it the same as the coordinates for the benchmark 1421334.93,783207.62 ? Why 8332?

Bear with me, I'm a very visual person so the more information I read the more confusing it gets sometimes.

Thanks

The POB is measured from the benchmark. Read through the instructions again and take notes. I think you are missing the answer that you are looking for.

Well, a number of years ago, used to go to the Wattles classes on deeds. Became registered not long afterwards, and one thing Gurdon mentioned was to cite a few deeds in order such that you do not have to shuffle papers around to find a reference item. Sounds nice and cozy, but never got into the routine. You answer may be too far into the pile of papers for you then have to go back and re-read the earlier stuff once again.

Wm.

• 3 months later...

It seems I googled the right thing. I'm also taking the Penn course and have been doing pretty well till I got to this part. Truth be told I had never heard of a "plat" and really thought it was a made up name for the course.

I am a sheet metal worker and have been for the past 22 years and I am now getting into the Cad side of things so I thought I'd take the course to get me started in the right direction. So far so good but the survey stuff is not what we do here at all and I was thrown off by the directional input methods.

I googled the Oleson Village and found the site and the others struggling with the same thing. I just want to thank you all, the questioners , and the problem solvers. All of you have helped me ,not only with the startup of this test but in finding this site. The only other forum I go to is a Moe Norman golfing web forum and it is set up exactly like this one.

I've signed up for the site and hopefully in a few months I'll be able to help someone the way you all helped me.

I wonder if the folks who posed the ?'s about this test are still frequenting this forum or did they get their answers and go?

Anyway thanks again for getting me started in the right direction and I know where to go if I get stuck again, thanks. Dan Bassett

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im not sure I'll get a reply to this since everyone seems to have finished this test so long ago but Im gonna give it a shot. So I have done ok so far with this test. Esspecially that it threw me for a loop not ever even being taught much in this subject. I have drafted the map with trees and all (yes the s44 tree is still a typo. At least thats what Im guessin the prob is givin all the other typo's in this course). I am at the point where Im told to create a north arrow and place it on the map..... Is there a sopecific style and size to this arrow? Where exactly is it placed? This would be much better had we been taught more on this type of engineering.... Thanks to anyone for the help. Eric

well they are all Parallel to one another and even coinside. But all the instructions say is that the lots are 60x120 from the north and east. I have never worked in civil engineering. I have been an auto designer for years so this is really foreign to me. Im wondering what exactly they mean by bearings. Property size or what?

A bearing will indicate a compass direction like N56-15'-30"E.

Property size is given as a distance. Example: 60' x 120'.

Auto design to civil? That's definitely a big switch.

Have you looked at some of the Olsen Village drawings that were posted here as images?

ericjwied; If you select the line that you are trying to get a bearing from. Then type "list" on the command line and enter. You will get a list of information pertaining to that object/line. The bearing of that line will be near the bottom of the list window.

Thanks...... One last issue I am having..... Do I have to have some kind of lisp to align text with lines? Thanks so much!

You can also use the TORIENT command. Select the text you want to rotate, then select your two (2) reference points.