random 2d Objects shift location in viewports

Karen Arrigoni

Discreet objects shift location when viewed in paper space. For example, a light fixture placed on a wall will shift location to a few feet away. When I check back in model space the object is located correctly. (objects are not blocks). I think it may have to do with my having moved those objects while working in model space thru the actual viewport, but that usually isn't an issue. 

Edited by Karen Arrigoni
one field was blank

First thing I would think to ask, are these items annotative blocks, they can have different possitions based on the scale of a viewport (I never use them for that reason). If not then can you post an example file?

Are you working in 2D or 3D? You posted in the 3D section but your thread title says "2D objects".

If you're working in 3D, are you viewing the objects from the same angle in model space and through your viewport? If your viewing angle is skewed slightly in model space or in the viewport, the objects may appear shifted.