Fonts not coming in correctly

Silvercloak

Recently a co-worker has run into a problem with his fonts.  It seems everything is being reduced to a simplex style font.  Rather than some of the fonts we used that are Arial and bolded, and various other font settings - EVERYTHING has gone to simplex.

I have redeployed the company standard profile on his settings.  I have ensured his Support File Search Path has our company fonts pathed to it.   I have reinstalled his Windows fonts.  We have even reinstalled AutoCAD completely on his machine.  None of these have allowed his fonts to display correctly.  At the moment, all printing and annotation has to be done by someone else or on someone else's machine rather than his.  I'm now completely stumped, short of wiping his machine entirely and re-installing AutoCAD I really don't know what else we can do.

Is there's some other fonts setting in AutoCAD I'm unaware of?

Silvercloak

This is a little long winded but you can get a list of all variable values, often its just one variable somewhere.

qaflags 2

logfilepath reset path to a simpler location like say c:\temp

logfileon

setvar ? *

logfileoff

You will see a file created like Drawing1_18d9357ef.log its a text file so open two files and compare. The other file is from working pc.

What is FONTALT? What is FONTMAP?

When you run STYLE do any Fonts have a yellow triangle with a /!\?

Sounds like you use TTFs and AutoCAD doesn't see them, so you may need to address this as a Windows problem and delete and reinstall the Windows Fonts.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Some-TrueType-fonts-not-listed.html

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BIGAL said:

This is a little long winded but you can get a list of all variable values, often its just one variable somewhere.

qaflags 2

logfilepath reset path to a simpler location like say c:\temp

logfileon

setvar ? *

logfileoff

You will see a file created like Drawing1_18d9357ef.log its a text file so open two files and compare. The other file is from working pc.

I always have logfiles on.  What exactly are you looking for though? They don't typically show anything relating to fonts.

6 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Sounds like you use TTFs and AutoCAD doesn't see them, so you may need to address this as a Windows problem and delete and reinstall the Windows Fonts.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Some-TrueType-fonts-not-listed.html

We've done all that.  Reinstalled his windows fonts, reinstalled AutoCAD.  All his fonts settings are exactly the same as mine.  Hence why I'm stumped.

6 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Update:  Your suggestion to look at the Styles and find the yellow triangle did the trick.  Once I knew exactly which font was causing the problem - I copied it over from my computer to his.

It needed a Windows solution after all.

Not sure how that happens, maybe a Windows update or the user messed around with the fonts?

Did you read the link I posted? There is a link near the bottom to show how to properly delete and reinstall Windows fonts. It also has a note indicating some fonts with a .ttf extension are not True-Type, but Open-Type, which can't be used in AutoCAD AFAIK.