Tower Profile using LISP

Sambuddy

Good morning everyone,

Is it possible for a lisp that opens up a DCL window where you can enter a bunch of values to draw up a tower profile automatically? Below is an example of what I am trying to accomplish. Blue lines are main lines and orange line is the centerline in defpoint.

image.thumb.png.c76af8e09de50f9c3708535ae0efdbf6.png

image.thumb.png.c9516ebac2db6f10e0ba6b3757c088be.png

There would an option for whether or not it is only diagonally braced or x-braced. Once segment length is defined then number of segments under one part will define the part length (ex. 10 segments will make 1 part).

here would be another type of tower profile:

image.png.f1ea0a3373d40de1b8cdb1e5e64031f3.png

image.png.c5081dd990b296babe9fde6c4c4a04df.png

Could you please let me know if something like this could be done with lisp?

hopefully the outcome would be to generate one profile and one plan view with the given information.

Thank you,

Sam

Happy to discuss a fee for this type of project send me a private mail with further details.

The easy part is the DCL for entry. You can have that for free look in the download area here at Cadtutor.

Thinking a bit more it makes sense to me to make the bracing a dynamic block based on c-c of the bolts. This way can set all parameters member size, bolt dia and c-c length. 

What steel sections are you using ? Metric, Imperial.

Did this by making a very simple dynamic block which I have attached its a 50mm angle. But can be remade to inches etc. I drew the horizontal, then the angle, then mirrored the angle I would then take all three and use array to repeat.

image.png.8341a9fb9fc1c646e522b30367879cc2.png

Beam.dwg

Edited by BIGAL