CAD Recommendation

Lokesh67

Hello Everyone , 

I have a questions regarding CAD tool . The company I work has bought a Atom Knife cutter and planning to  buy CNC. Company Manufacture gaskets and with CNC planning to manufacture seals ( mostly Urethane seals). Based on your experience can you please help me in finding out which CAD tool will be best fit for both the machine ( ATom knife cutter and CNC). I have some experience with atom knife cutter. Atom Knife cutter uses DXF file and want the file only to have arcs and lines. I have worked on Turbo CAD and it works well with Atom knife cutter but  I have heard that Turbo CAD is not good for CAM translation . If you can recommend me a CAD software which can fits with both machine will be great. 

Thank You 

Lokesh 

38 minutes ago, f700es said:

Yeah.......I am skeptical of ANY product that doesn't have it's price right out in the open.

That generally means the price you pay, and the price that I pay, and the price that the next person pays, are all different.

• Like 1

Just now, rkmcswain said:

That generally means the price you pay, and the price that I pay, and the price that the next person pays, are all different.

Yep! I mean at least give a base price no including options (support etc).

I agree, if you won't show your prices you are either admitting they are high or you are happy to rip people off.

One of the biggest 3D Software companies is a typical example (I'm sure we all know who I mean).

I once looked into some industry specific software, and once they found out I had quotes from other companies they literally cut the price by 50%!

The only information I could find about the cost for CuteCad was on a 3rd party site and that was 1,870.00 Euros, presumably for the base program.

I mean it doesn't look like bad software at all. I just don't like NOT seeing a starting price. I mean even AutoDesk has the price on the web site.

If the end result is a dxf file then most of the "Clones" would probably meet your needs.

The thing to look for with a clone is dynamic blocks, programming support at least Lisp, VBA and .Net  desirable.