Best practices to organize model when drawing details

smn.sierra

Hello everyone, I work as a civil engineer and often I have to include in the same sheet florplans with a smaller scale (e.g. 1:100) and details with a greater scale (1:20). I always draw in the model space with a 1:1 scale and then set the desired scale in the viewports. The only inconvenient with this workflow is that in the model the details are much smaller than the florplans and it is difficult to keep things organized. Could you suggest a better approach to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

The way you are preparing the drawings is the recomended method, (draw everything full size). It is always difficult to organize when you have details as separate items, but keeping the details in a dedicated area within model space, maybe drawn inside a border (rectangle/polyline) where they are all together is one way, using named views so that you can go straight to the correct detail is just a mindset/workflow to help you organize yourself. This is one of the reasons programs like Revit are so popular, the details are there in the "model" everywhere.