Can i change object color in different viewports?

Robertoooo

Can i change object color in different viewports?

Not entire layer color, just one object, even if there are other objects of the same layer which would not change color.

Nope, you can change the color of an entire layer, in just a single viewport, but individual object colors are not limited to viewports they are the same everywhere.

• Thanks 1

If it's in a block, you might give the object the ByBlock color. Then change the color of the block's layer as needed. But that's reaching.

The other option, which is also reaching, is to put the object on its own layer. That creates a set of potential problems, including having to remember that there's a layer with only one object on it.

There are ways to "force" this to work but probably not for viewports on the same sheet since the plot styles are layout specific.

You could create a color dependent plot style to do this, in theory but it's more work than its' worth when there are much simpler solutions.

One option is to simply trace the polyline in paperspace (over the viewport) and make that the desired color. 

In other viewports the object color would remain unchanged.  But in that one viewport it would be the color you are wanting.

It's the easiest solution.

You could also copy the "object" from 0,0 paste at 0,0.

apply a different layer to the new object(s).

disable the layers in your viewports so the correctly colored entities show up where you want.

ChriS

One of the guys I worked with did this changing layer colors and it took me ages to figure out what he had done, know now. More importantly why ?

Edited by BIGAL