Scale Blocks Automatically

Bobzy20

Hi

We print our drawings to PDF at A1 or A0 for our customers but in order to review these drawings, we like to print them in the office but we don’t have a large printer, we can only print at A3. When printing at A3 we can’t really see any of our blocks we have used.

I guess one solution would be to increase the size of our blocks by 50% using a script if one exists?

Does anything know of such a script?

Maybe another solution could help?

Thanks

Bob

Wow we used A1 -> A3 every single day your blocks must be tiny.

Given the number of posts you have you should know by now how to search for "rescale block using lisp".

This sounds like something that would be a big issue with all drawings for all projects. And scaling blocks up 50% for printing in the office and then scaling back down 50% when printing for clients would be major pain. Have you considered getting a large format printer for the office? Or simply send your print jobs to a local reprographics company for printing.

Thanks for the replies, i'm not having much luck finding something that suits.

I think i would create a copy of the file before using the LISP routine, so it didn't affect the file.

I think once i find the LISP (it must out there), it will work perfectly for what we want. Maybe 50% would be too much but as long as i have the option of controlling the scale.

Any future help would be great.

Can you pick only your blocks? If so, you could increase their scale globally in the Properties window, print, and then close the drawing without saving.

If you print an A1 PDF 'to fit' on an A3 printer, the resolution is much finer.

For Eldon Print using 1:2 for scale then its exactly 1/2 A1 scale like 1:200 now 1:400 did it every day. Title is true A1 841x594.

The OP says can not see blocks at 1/2 scale must be tiny already.

Edited by BIGAL

Many years ago before Civil 3D I used an older version of this lisp: https://lispbox.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/change-the-scale-of-selected-blocks-using-the-insertion-point-of-the-block-as-the-reference-point/ to resize point blocks the way Civil 3D does so well now. Like BIGAL said a quick search brings up many options.

See also: https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/43987-can-i-scale-up-a-100-blocks-at-once-and-have-each-base-point-as-the-blocks-insert-po/

There are two Express Tool commands that may be what you're looking for as well BSCALE and PSBSCALE.

I didn't realise that AutoCAD itself had a command called, 'BSCALE' which i could use to enlarge selected blocks by their insertion point!

I believe this could be the answer.

Thanks for your help with this.

• Like 1