Block horizontal in TWisted view needed

tombu

I made scalable blocks to mark trees ("AECC_COGO_POINT") using the tree XYScale, Easting, and Northing.  As they are visible from multiple viewports each TWisted to the alignment displayed in them is there any way to have blocks or objects in them always display horizontal like Cogo Points?

Have you looked at the actual block point style it has 3 options World, View and Object. Under Settings, pretty sure had to do this for some point codes.

part of the 3 year styles course :lol:

Edited by BIGAL

I use View as Orientation Reference for most Point Styles and fixed scale for trees. I'd rather not add additional cogo points to mark which trees are to be removed.

Options:

Switching the tree block for just that "AECC_COGO_POINT" with one marked to be removed, but not in definition.  Haven't figured out how to do that.

Set a simple block Horizontal was what I was looking for now.  I've settled on using Annotative Blocks with "Match orientation to layout" set to "Yes". I had to multiply CANNOSCALEVALUE by tree XYScale Property to scale the mark for each tree.  Wish I could do this without an annotative block scale as there will be issues with working in different scales.

Maybe useful we had some problems with trees as we did 2 items in the code, trunk and spread. So made a dynamic block with two parts a circle for trunk and a block for the foliage. So just run a pick all cogo points and look at tree code, let me know if you want it. TR8*6, 8m tree with 600mm trunk.

9 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

Maybe useful we had some problems with trees as we did 2 items in the code, trunk and spread. So made a dynamic block with two parts a circle for trunk and a block for the foliage. So just run a pick all cogo points and look at tree code, let me know if you want it. TR8*6, 8m tree with 600mm trunk.

Hadn't thought of that.  After importing the point file can you select a single tree and select another visibility state without changing the other trees?  I cannot even see the block properties of those trees in properties.  I'd love to take a look at it.