Bill of material in acad

I want to make a dynamic block of a duct spool with all the fittings, like duct flange, corner and connecting bolts. Can I get the duct area and all the fittings in total, if I use the spool multiple times in my drawing with different duct sizes.

please help

• 1 month later...

Using DATAEXTRACTION it may be possible to extract the information you are seeking.  Each block within the dynamic block will need to be setup with attributes.  DATAEXTRACTION should then be able to extract the data from the attributes.  I have had some success using this method.

DATAEXTRACTION is only available with the full version of AutoCAD.  AutoCAD LT does not support this feature.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, Deodar311 said:

Using DATAEXTRACTION it may be possible to extract the information you are seeking.  Each block within the dynamic block will need to be setup with attributes.  DATAEXTRACTION should then be able to extract the data from the attributes.  I have had some success using this method.

DATAEXTRACTION is only available with the full version of AutoCAD.  AutoCAD LT does not support this feature.

Can u explain with an example😊

For "Dataextraction" Just type it and follow the prompts.

There is generic block count but they tend to just count by name and not do any attribute sorting.

You may need a custom routine that dumps all block attributes and Dynamic block properties to say a csv file then open in excel and use its sorting power to do the quantity take off.

I have been working on a block version that counts up to 5 attributes deep. But it currently will not work on dynamic blocks. Happy to look at an example dwg if you can post.