Any Lisp for Selection Plot & PDF?

sdevecy

Hello friends,

I'm sorry to ask for help in my first message. But i really need this lisp if possible.

I'm getting into the topic;

when I draw a technical picture, 

first convert to pdf and save to folder

then I get the same file output from the printer

is there any way, to perform these two operations at the same time with lisp?

for example,

I will write the lisp code and select the print area then baaam! technical drawing will be available on both my desktop and printer

Yes can be done there are so many examples of plotting using lisp.

In simplest terms this is what you need but twice, once for pdf once for printer. The lisp will print selected layouts to a pdf, making a pdf directory under the current dwg location. It is hard coded for a std title block. If you elaborate more, model v;s layout has big impact, you may also want to search for Maratovich & Plotting.

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "DWG To PDF"
	       "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m" "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6" "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
	       "y" "Acad.ctb" "Y"	"n" "n" "n" pdfName "N" "y"
    )

Multi GETVALS.lsp

plotA3Pdfrange.lsp

Edited by BIGAL

6 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Yes can be done there are so many examples of plotting using lisp.

In simplest terms this is what you need but twice, once for pdf once for printer. The lisp will print selected layouts to a pdf, making a pdf directory under the current dwg location. It is hard coded for a std title block. If you elaborate more, model v;s layout has big impact, you may also want to search for Maratovich & Plotting.

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "DWG To PDF"
	       "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m" "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6" "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
	       "y" "Acad.ctb" "Y"	"n" "n" "n" pdfName "N" "y"
    )

Multi GETVALS.lsp 2.11 kB · 17 downloads

plotA3Pdfrange.lsp 1.23 kB · 1 download

Thanks for answer.

When i command -plot too many variable asked me. Im working only in model space.

I want only command + choose printable area and finish with default print values (lineweight, color etc.)

So to fix 'too many variabe' I would plot a test print via the command line, type in "-plot" and then copy yuor answers to say notepad as you run through it.. then this gives you the options similar to BigAls example - this should then plot OK.

Do this for both paper plots and PDF plots

Look up how to select a window and put in that routine before the plotting then use the resuls of that instead of the coordinates for both paper and PDF plotting and it should work OK

I am at home now so no handy examples for you but with luck that sould gve you a hint

On 12/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, maratovich said:

sdevecy

Give us an example of your .dwg file with your title block.

For the example, I added the dwg file.

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

So to fix 'too many variabe' I would plot a test print via the command line, type in "-plot" and then copy yuor answers to say notepad as you run through it.. then this gives you the options similar to BigAls example - this should then plot OK.

Do this for both paper plots and PDF plots

Look up how to select a window and put in that routine before the plotting then use the resuls of that instead of the coordinates for both paper and PDF plotting and it should work OK

I am at home now so no handy examples for you but with luck that sould gve you a hint

thanks a lot! i will try this hint :)

B6.dwg