insert block - non-uniform scale

SweptAway

Hello,

I'm trying to insert a block and rescale it on both the X and Y axes at the same time.

I don't know the scale factor for the X and Y axes, but I've drawn a rectangle I want to the inserted block to fit within - what I need to do is somehow use the X and Y lengths of the rectangle as the new X and Y lengths of the inserted block, which is what I imaged CORNER would do.

"Corner: Defines the X and Y scales at the same time, using the insertion point and another point as the corners of a box, and then defines the Z scale

When I insert the block and use the bottom left corner of the rectangle as the insertion point, I've tried selecting CORNER as the scaling option and clicking on the upper right-hand corner of the rectangle, but the resulting scale factor is enormous - CAD seems to be using the absolute sizes of the box as scaling multipliers, which isn't very useful tbh.

Do I have to calculate the X and Y scale-factors myself?  I can't see the point of the CORNER option if this is the case...

Any help would be very much appreciated,

You might look into dynamic blocks. You can stretch the block (or just parts of it) by dragging a grip. I'm not sure if you can stretch in two dimensions at once, my dyn-o-block skills are not at that level yet.

Can you post a dwg showing us what you are trying to do, using corner should work as you appear to be describing it. Is your block insertion point positioned at the lower left point of the block, and is your block rectangular?

From a programming point of view you would get the "bounding box" of the block or hard code it, then same again bounding box etc of the rectang or 2 pick points. Like Steven having insert lower left makes life easier. It can be within the block object can work out ratio x & Y, but if its outside just a nightmare to work around.