object highlighting 2020lt

Mike1234

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, so hello to everyone, 

I have a question, when moving the cursor over my drawing, when it passes over an object that object is highlighted,  how do I turn that off 

many thanks Mike

This is controlled by the SELECTIONPREVIEW system variable. The initial value is 3. I changed mine to 2, which still highlights objects once you've selected them, but not when you hover over them. If you want the highlighting disabled completely, change the setting to 0.

Cad64, Thank you for your reply, can you expand on how do this, I have just upgraded my system from running 2004lt to 2020lt and there are very few similarities, personally I preferred the old version and I am struggling with the new

I have another question, when selecting objects I can only select one at a time unless using the selection window, when I click on an object it is highlighted but if I click on another the first is deselected, I want to be able to select multiple objects by clicking on them individually, can you advise on how to do this

kind regards Mike

For the first selection issue, just type SELECTIONPREVIEW at the command prompt and change the setting to 2.

For the second selection issue, type PICKADD at the command line and change the setting to 2.