Flatshot error

Zox

I'm trying to make 2D out of 3D object with 'Flatshot' but after few minutes I get error message and Autocad crashes.

Message is: fatal error unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 5f549fffh

Altough the last part (code) is always different, like these are few that I got: 8d6f9fffh, 76ef9fffh, 75949fffh. Anyone knows what's the problem?

Before providing file I tried flatshot on newer version of autocad and I got the message "there are no surfaces or solids to be projected"

So I tried converting it with MESHSMOOTH but I got the message A smooth mesh cannot be created from at least one of the selected objects

So far I'm using FLATTEN command and it works, it flattens it but I don't get the outline of the 3d object (like when you choose 'hidden' in visual style) but I get grid lines in between the outer lines as well. Is there some way to only get outer lines with FLATTEN?

EDIT: I solved it. I managed to convert the object to poly and FLATSHOT now works, but I still get the same looking object like I did with FLATTEN. So again, is there some way to get flatten 2D that is only outlines like when you choose 'hidden' in visual style?

Edited by Zox

5 hours ago, Zox said:

I tried flatshot on newer version of autocad and I got the message "there are no surfaces or solids to be projected"

We really need to see what you're working with. Is it a solid model? Is it a model made up of surfaces? Did you create it or did someone else do it? If someone else did it, did they create an actual 3D model or is it a bunch of lines drawn in 3D space? Can you provide your file or at least some screenshots so we can see what the model looks like?

17 hours ago, Cad64 said:

We really need to see what you're working with. Is it a solid model? Is it a model made up of surfaces? Did you create it or did someone else do it? If someone else did it, did they create an actual 3D model or is it a bunch of lines drawn in 3D space? Can you provide your file or at least some screenshots so we can see what the model looks like?

I guess you didn't see the second part of the post where I explained that I solved that problem, and now I was just wondering if I could get 2D with flatshot to look like this

chr1.jpg

Instead of like what I get

chr2.jpg

I guess you didn't see the second part of the post where I explained that I solved that problem, and now I was just wondering if I could get 2D with flatshot to look like this

No, actually I did see your whole post, which is why I asked to see what you were working on. You said you were able to convert it to "poly", but I'm not sure what you mean by that? That model appears to be a mesh object, not a solid model. Was it created in another program and then imported into Autocad? I guess you don't want to provide your file for testing, so this is as far as I can go with providing assistance. I tried importing one of my .3ds files, but I get the same result when running Flatshot.

Maybe ReMark has some ideas?

I would explode the mesh object and attempt to retain/modify portions of it using polylines.  Then I would reconstruct it as a true AutoCAD 3D solid.  But this may not be feasible in some cases.  I have done such a thing when I have downloaded 3D Mesh models of valves.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, halam said:

Download BricsCAD 30 day

Flatshot better.

Can BricsCAD flatshot an imported mesh cleanly, without all the lines? Just curious because the OP's model looks like it was imported from another program. I tried running Flatshot in Autocad on an imported .3ds file but it didn't work very well. Just wondering if BricsCAD works better?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:27 PM, halam said:

Download BricsCAD 30 day

Flatshot better.

Where is the drawing you flattened, seems to be missing?