Condensed View

paulmcz

For a few days now, no matter what I try, I am not able to view the content of Cadtutor in condensed view. When I click on Condensed or Expanded, the page gets regenerated but remains the same which is Expanded. It was working before but not any more. Any hint of what I should do?

I have also only been able to see the Expanded view on main computer and mobile. On the mobile, one now has to scroll much more, and my fingers are getting worn down!!

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this. I'm not entirely sure what you are describing. There are three different layout options, which all appear to work and each topic area can be collapsed. It's possible that a recent update has fixed the issue you describe but, if not, please let me know and give me a little more detail so I can troubleshoot.

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance that some of the ancient user display personal preferences can be restored?

I work on a 43" monitor, and I really dislike having to scroll all the way to the bottom to access the latest post on a thread.

Back in the day when I was on all day everyday, there was a personalized display sort setting, and lots of others.

My favorite was to have NEWEST at the top.

Likewise when opening a multi page thread, I personally prefer being directed to the NEWEST post, rather than the original post.

I understand that are very personal preferences, which I miss being able to define in User Profile Preferences.

Edited by Dadgad
  • Like 1

So, changing the display order is not possible, however a new major point version of the forum software will shortly be available and this will allow users to state where they are taken when they click a topic title - first, last or last read. See the details here: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/45-user-interface-improvements-r1182/

• Thanks 1

Thanks for looking into it and getting back, I will enjoy that new functionality whenever the time is right.

Always nice to have Options. 

Stay safe and keep up the great work!   :beer:

• Like 1