Line thickness inconsistency (visual styles)

mzlink

7 hours ago, SLW210 said:

I am guessing this is a 3D Model so I have moved your thread to the AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering Forum.

Which lines are you talking about? Which Visual Style are you using? You might adjust it in "Manage Visual Styles". I don't see the thin lines when I duplicated what you seem to have.

When I say the thin lines, i mean the ones around the top for example. "Isolines" they call it. If i turn them off I get an inconsistency of where contourlines are placed on the gray part. Because the lines stop half-way down:

acad-2020-01-10-20-39-11.png

There is still a thin line visible (seam?) on the inner center, but nothing on the edge.

Custom visual style, I'm trying to get a look that is similar to Sketchy but with materials and textures enabled.

2020-01-10-20-28-07.png

Edited by mzlink
spelling

If you could post your model it would be easier to see which changes work.

I always found these sort of custom looks easier to do in something like Photoshop/GIMP and/or Illustrator/Inkscape after everything is complete with the model.

If I have time I'll try to mess around with some things later, but real busy with work this week.

5 hours ago, SLW210 said:

If you could post your model it would be easier to see which changes work.

I always found these sort of custom looks easier to do in something like Photoshop/GIMP and/or Illustrator/Inkscape after everything is complete with the model.

If I have time I'll try to mess around with some things later, but real busy with work this week.

https://puu.sh/EZqsL/a2e5f2b0c7.dwg   

(Model is a WIP - otherwise it would be complete part)

After more tinkering, it got slightly better:

ab9df9ee39.png

But this gives another issue:

c765816662.png

That white line is not supposed to be there

On Visual Style -> set Crease angle = 178

On AutoCAD system variable - > facetres -> set smoothness factor to 10.0

Select objects and set -> Lightweight 1.0 mm or higher (I think this is what you look for)

Here what the objects look:

image.png.5da114af4824298418ffd2217a48fb67.png