Text Changing color

addesigns

Any idea why Craprostation changes the color of text on a printout after I increase the scale?  I printed out my sheet, looked fine.  Decided I wanted to increase the scale of a detail and when I printed after that fact it changed the color of half the text in that detail to something other than the assigned level.  I did NOT change anything about its attributes.  Any idea why Craprostation does this?

Well thats the thing with Micropoop, it is a strange animal that does strange things. Saying that if it is a text issue then there could be 5 to 6 different places and things that could be causing that. What I do first before anything is print it anyway and see what result you get. If it is not what you want then "Save Settings", "Compress" the entire file and restart Microstation. Create a new DGN with a known template. Go to the troubled file and copy entire contents to the freshly created DGN. Scale it up down whatever you need and see if the problem is gone. If that doesn't work then we have to look at the original file settings for text properties and see if your "scale locks" are active if so disable them. If the scale you are going to is not on the list, tick "custom" and enter the scales required. Try again. If that is not the problem, then look at the design file settings is set correctly and finally check the drawing scale settings and locks to make sure that the text node is not locked. Good luck!! I feel for you.

I have narrowed it down to the fact that MicroStation just is a really crappy and inefficient Drafting software.  Will continue using it since that is what work pays me for but I will continue to be a strong advocate still to use AutoCAD instead.  Im just hoping that with the changes to Civil 3D that it will give people (Civil world)a reason to switch to AutoCAD so Bentley can finally go under.