cannot use cons in ssget

brandalf_the_semiGray

Trying to extract a name I generate and add to a list for use in the ssget function. I keep getting bad point pair errors. Below is the offending line

(setq blks (ssget "x" (cons 2 (nth i nm))))

image.png.c42634bfe6f9d21e3ef8f2413f66cb6b.png

This is what's in the nth item. 

Below is the code i use to append an item into the list i'm trying to access in the ssget function

(setq names (append names (list (read (strcat partNum  "_" (nth (atoi (nth (setq index (1+ index)) dimension)) (cadr (nth 1 data))))))))

Ideas? I've tried everything from strcat, to using (assoc "names"  (nth i nm)) in my ssget call. Pretty stuck here.

So i realized it was a symbol, so i've used vl-symbol-name to retrieve the string name, but i'm still unable to send the (cons 2 (vl-symbol-name (nth i nm))) argument to the ssget function. I still get a bad point argument error. Please help.

Edited by brandalf_the_semiGray

1 hour ago, brandalf_the_semiGray said:

Trying to extract a name I generate and add to a list for use in the ssget function. I keep getting bad point pair errors. Below is the offending line

image.png.c42634bfe6f9d21e3ef8f2413f66cb6b.png

This is what's in the nth item. 

Below is the code i use to append an item into the list i'm trying to access in the ssget function

(setq names (append names (list (read (strcat partNum  "_" (nth (atoi (nth (setq index (1+ index)) dimension)) (cadr (nth 1 data))))))))

Ideas? I've tried everything from strcat, to using (assoc "names"  (nth i nm)) in my ssget call. Pretty stuck here.

Only blocks have names. If you want to ssget all blocks with a certain name the filter needs to be in the format :

(ssget "x" (list '(0 . "INSERT") (cons 2 blkname)))

Where blkname is a string of block names separated with comma(s). What type of entity is SYM ?

Edited by dlanorh

1 hour ago, brandalf_the_semiGray said:

Quick glance:

;; This
(setq blks (ssget "_X"  (cons 2 (nth i nm))))
;; Should be this
(setq blks (ssget "_X" (list (cons 2 (nth i nm)))))

oh man. that did it. thanks guys. I was reading the documentation for ssget and didn't catch that it needed to recieve a list for some reason