Lisp Extracting Arabic Text in AutoCAD into Text File.

mannybmanago

Gentlemen,

I need to write to a text (maybe a utf-8, I am not sure) file all the arabic street names from AutoCAD. They are written using Xarab.shx and some are also written using true type fonts.

I can't seem to find a way...please extend some help.

The routine will write a database for many parcels and many sites. this is the only thing that is keeping me on being able to complete the tasks.

BR,

Manny

asos2000 you will know better than me but if I export text to a file and then say in word set the font to the correct true type font I will see  the font correctly, had a TTF with hundreds of symbols. Would need to convert the shx text style to TTF, I am suggesting don't use shx.

Edited by BIGAL

The Lisp program I was working on can't export the the Arabic Text properly (in *.shx and *.ttf) into a text file. Copy paste works but not through lisp. Have you guys found a way to do it?

8 hours ago, mannybmanago said:

The Lisp program I was working on can't export the the Arabic Text properly (in *.shx and *.ttf) into a text file. Copy paste works but not through lisp. Have you guys found a way to do it?

Can you upload a sample drawing along with the font file to take a close look ?

As I see you want to copy string which using XARAB.SHX  and paste as Arabic letters in Word

XARAB.SHX uses English letters and shows as Arabic letters (as I mentioned in previous reply)

So If you want to copy and paste (in word for example) you have to replace English letters with Arabic  letters .

Try something like this:

https://ar.wiktionary.org/wiki/ميدياويكي:Gadget-searchlang.js

Regards

asos2000 it should be possible to do a key remap of the text from the shx to a Arabic TTF bit involved though.

What happens when you change the text style to an Arabic one. Do they match.

"ahVU uvQ  18   ljV"

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

asos2000 it should be possible to do a key remap of the text from the shx to a Arabic TTF bit involved though.

What happens when you change the text style to an Arabic one. Do they match.

"ahVU uvQ  18   ljV"

This is the string with 2 different fonts

002.png

Why is the Arabian use this font type?!

We can use Arial font type in Multitext using Arabic Keyboard, but when we plot in PDF (for example) the output is not correct.

Of course there is solution but not every one knows this solution, we have to change plotter configuration.

for example

002.png

003.png

@asos2000, you are exactly right. they use this for directly printing the AutoCAD to the plotter/printer or even in PDF without changing the printer configurations. Also the DWG to PDF.pc3 doesn't support the solutions for the true type fonts.

I am not good in usinMOH_SITE_NAME - P200.pdfg "js" and I am still stuck in how to write the codes output a text file or csv for all my data. The main goal is to automate the "Parcels" land deeds in an A4 format as attached. I was able to bring the Arabic text close to the parcel for visual cues and print it later. Also, it should be fed into a database or CSV file at the moment. The printing also shows that the TTF issue using the DWG to PDF.pc3. I can't find a way to Automate the printing using the Adobe or bluebeam pc3. Printing happens per parcel.

BR,

Manny

Edited by mannybmanago

1 hour ago, mannybmanago said:

@asos2000, you are exactly right. they use this for directly printing the AutoCAD to the plotter/printer or even in PDF without changing the printer configurations. Also the DWG to PDF.pc3 doesn't support the solutions for the true type fonts.

I am not good in usinMOH_SITE_NAME - P200.pdfg "js" and I am still stuck in how to write the codes output a text file or csv for all my data. The main goal is to automate the "Parcels" land deeds in an A4 format as attached. I was able to bring the Arabic text close to the parcel for visual cues and print it later. Also, it should be fed into a database or CSV file at the moment. The printing also shows that the TTF issue using the DWG to PDF.pc3. I can't find a way to Automate the printing using the Adobe or bluebeam pc3. Printing happens per parcel.

BR,

Manny

There is one solution we use in repeated data (such as title) We explode using Express menu > Text > Explode Text.

Could you upload CAD file.

Refer to the lisp you coding, what is the relation between arabic and the data you extract?

@asos2000 the requirement is to output the files in CSV or a text file so it can be put in a database. The A4 print I sent will be the equivalent pdf for documentations. For now, I was able to extract and automate the task to to the layout per parcel. But to have an equivalent CSV or text file is the issue because of the Arabic text. The output is "ahVU uvQ  18   ljV" "ahVU uvQ  18   ljV" and not correct. 

• 4 months later...

Hello mannybmanago

Nice topic and I was getting impressed and curious that Did you found out a way to do for extracting arabic SHX font?? 

Edited by hosyn

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry KumKum I do not know how to use

but for plotting Arabic letters

first Start Printing

Ctrl + P

Then follow this

image.thumb.png.e3600220a7d934a01a9ee3e1775e87e2.png