Adding custom hatch patterns problems

BIGAL

Hi everyone I am having a problem adding some custom hatch patterns, keep getting error messages "hatch pattern invalid".  If I make the pat file 1 single pattern its ok, if I add more patterns it will not work I am pretty sure you could do this, chasing this up for some one.

I tried a copy of acad.pat renamed got same error message. There is no mention anywhere about must be a single pattern.

Ps free patterns www.AUTOCADhatch.com includes a nice excel write tile patterns.

Hi BIGAL, if it isn't in the default acad.pat then it does have to be single patterns it is only the AutoCAD pat files that work with multiple hatches. So if you have multiple hatches then that is the problem, usually that error message lets you know there is a problem ie the name inside the file is different than the file name (they need to be the same) or some other formating error.

4 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Hi everyone I am having a problem adding some custom hatch patterns.........If I make the pat file 1 single pattern its ok, if I add more patterns it will not work I am pretty sure you could do this, chasing this up for some one.......

Just to confirm steven-g's post, single pattern files outside acad.pat can only be single definitions.

Hatch file rules.PNG

I keep pat files in their own folder with a subfolder of ones I rarely use (they cannot be used and don't show in dialog) as I've collected way too many. Too many tiny files to get them mixed up with other customization files like lisp. Helps to make them with descriptive names.

Thank you, I may just add to acad.pat etc a bit easier than having lots of patterns. I will be talking to the client soon so will narrow down amount required. Its one of those things you dont do very often.