Labels Solved

bjenk8100

Wowsers!  With determination I was able to get through my label issues.  If anyone is interested...

The project information icon on ribbon can be addressed as labels by choosing correct fields in category parameters.  If not there, you can make your own.  If you make your own then you have to use shared parameters.  From what I gather and worked for me so far, If you want the label to differ on different sheets than choose project parameter on manage ribbon.  Then add, and choose shared parameters and check instance and check sheets on category list on right.  If you want label to be same on each sheet than choose project parameter on manage ribbon.  Then add, and choose shared parameters and check type and check project information on category list on right.  All the other categories on that list I have not got into yet.  I am actually scared to:)  Maybe this will help somebody though.  Can't believe a program to expect a user to figure that out on their own.  Please add anything to this post if it can help with more advanced approaches!

12 hours ago, bjenk8100 said:

Can't believe a program to expect a user to figure that out on their own.

It doesn't. There are a lot of things that need to be learned. How you learn them is up to you. 

This is Project Parameters 101 bjenk. I don't mean to be offensive on it, just wanting to state the fact. Definitely glad you found out how to do it, but if you ever went through Revit training, this would be taught on day 1 or 2. Type based and Instance based parameters is the standard way to set how a parameter works. 

-TZ