Adding fields to attributes VLA

brandalf_the_semiGray

I need help adding a field to an attribute using VLA. I've been looking through Lee Mac's copyField code, and have tried taking the pieces that put the field into the object but all I get is a string of text. It doesn't appear to even be the full string that represents my field either. 

How can I insert a field to an attribute?

I managed to get my field expression inserted. However the value for the field is just #### for all of my nested fields. 

image.thumb.png.cc006d9db72b2c5211f4b2bce70399de.png

I can click on the individual fields to view that field expression. It looks like all of them are populated properly. Any tips?

1 hour ago, dlanorh said:

What is sysvar FIELDEVAL set to? Also have you tried REGENALL (vlax-invoke doc 'regenall) where doc is your document object

I figured it out by referencing a field expression i built manually that was the same thing i wanted. Thank you though!